Did you mean: 

Community Recap: April 2019

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone! 

I hope you had a lovely April and are looking forward to all the exciting things that May brings. ☀️

It's time to recap what's been happening on the community over the past month. Lots of interesting discussions were posted, and I've collected some of those below. It's not too late to jump into some of these if you haven't had a chance to participate in the conversations yet!

I'd love to hear in the comments what your favourite discussions were during April? 😀

Purple and yellow spring flowers

Community-related discussions

• Community Rewards: April 2019 - As always, many participants reached the Rewards programme with their monthly community activity. Well done everyone! 👍

News & Announcements

General discussions & Business

Access For All

O2 Priority

Guides, reviews and other helpful info

Off Topic discussions

• Following the Community Easter Egg Hunt which resulted in 87 little chicks being migrated to the Off Topic section, Mi-Amigo organises the community to name the chicks in Blunderland

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

OK, I will start by saying I love the Off Topic games and quizzes.

@Mi-Amigo  is to be commended for his Beatles knowledge and setting quizzes (along with his weird and wonderful sense of humour.) joy

Guide Mentions are absolutely brilliant. Thanks for all the hard work on those

The Drafting room Has not been mentioned though deserves to be. As someone who produced a guide in there last week, it's a great option to be able to use.

Charge to Mobile and Premium SMS Brilliant informative guide by @Chris_K posted yesterday.

Tips on recruiting and retaining talent, Living with Hidden Conditions, Self Diagnosis, Hearing Dogs...were all great discussion topics. 

Combining @TallTrees Sleeping Beeuties with Nature in general was a great idea.

Not forgetting all the fun and madness of The Naughty Step, Alice in Blunderland and Off Topic Room 101. LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My comments on April 2019?

As most of you know, I am the least geek-like member of the Community and a total technophobe, so it is great pleasure that I welcomed this month the guide search thingy [told you I was not a geek wink] by @Martin-O2 , the brilliant guide produced by @Cleoriff , and the info on charge to mobile and sms by @Chris_K .

On a personal level, I am grateful for the clarity during the month with regards to bars and payforit, and to reinstalling of the numbers in notifications and private messages.

The comments made by @Cleoriff  cannot go without a response. I am flattered that my Challenges and Quizzes have been warmly received but this would not have been possible without the members taking part and showing a knowledge of subjects [The Beatles included] which have made me look and listen again when they have come up with answers which I had missed.

As to my "weird and wonderful sense of humour", all I can say is how much I appreciate how this, in the form of all things Alice and Blunderland, have not only been accepted but that the Community Managers have joined in with the madness.

All in all, April has brought clarity, information, help, support, and fun - all the elements which a great forum should have and believe me this is one helluva great forum - no a brilliant Community.

Thank you for being here and thank you each and every member. 

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 10

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Marjo 

Liked

Easter egg hunt ~ someone else posted for me!  Thank youyahoo

O2 helping to build a sustainable future ~ interesting and thoughtful

Charge to mobile and premium sms ~ good sound information

Fit and Healthy and diagnose at home ~ like that is interesting too

A good point about Hearing Dogs ~ know people with these lovely dogs and good points

Parking and Hidden Conditions ~ very good points in this thread

Lego Braille Bricks ~ fantastic idea

Gig experiences ~ I thought I hadn't had any ~ but I did!

All the reviews were great

Off Topic ~  always good 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I enjoyed the quizzes and the new guides.

Many thanks to those members who put so much time and effort in.

Thanks also to admin who have gone above and beyond in helping many new members with their ongoing issues and for raising concerns with O2.

Message 5 of 10

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I too wish to thank @Mi-Amigo for putting together the various quizzes and Challenges, which I've enjoyed so much. I applaud his hard work and his Beatles' kniwledge and for getting me to listen to all my Beatles' tracks again, which I admit I hadn't done till @Mi-Amigo appeared on the forum. 

Thank you to @Cleoriff for her Guide and for the time and hard work putting it together with the numerous links to other Guides, websites etc. Her patience is legendary.

I forgot to mention The Drafting room I also used to put together my review of my S10 Plus. It was so helpful and I'm so glad we now have it. So thank you very much for that.

As for @Mi-Amigo's sense of humour I applaud it, particularly as it's a lot like mine. In today's world we all need a sense of humour to keep from going mad. Add to the Alice Gang, the new chicks which the Queen of Hearts (aka me) is meant to help feed, The Naughty Step and the Off Topic Room 101 and it's been a fantastic April.

Thank you too @EmilieT , @Martin-O2 and @Marjo for the various word search quizzes, which by the time I got to them were nearly finished. Still I appreciate the hard work that went into them.

@CosminO's review of the S10 Plus was very comprehensive and a joy to read.

April was an interesting and enjoyable month and that's thanks to all the members, new and regulars, who went above and beyond to make it so.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 6 of 10

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

A PS to my long-winded post above, I forgot to mention and thank @Chris_K for his Guide on sms and Premium Charges and @Martin-O2's Guide on product mentions for all the Guides we use to help new members. 

Both very helpful and extremely useful to us all. Appreciate the hard work that went into producing same, particularly the latter which will be very useful to me personally.

Hopefully I haven't forgotten anything else upside_down

Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie as one of my first friends, along with @Cleoriff when I was a newbie I could never ever forget you. Your amazing sense of humour kept me amused during April and every month before. Your kindness to me and your honesty I will never forget. So sorry my friend to leave you out Hug

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

@jonsie as one of my first friends, along with @Cleoriff when I was a newbie I could never ever forget you. Your amazing sense of humour kept me amused during April and every month before. Your kindness to me and your honesty I will never forget. So sorry my friend to leave you out Hug

Friendship works both ways relieved

Related image

Message 10 of 10