cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Competition! Win 2 tickets to Farnborough Air Show!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Competition now closed. 

Hey Everyone, 

We have another great Community competition with 2 tickets to the Farnborough Air Show this weekend (21-22 July)! cool

The Farnborough Air Show is a fantastic day out for you and your family and we're giving away 2 adult tickets. In addition, children under 15 can accompany you for free! 

There are a ton of great activities to keep you entertained including static and flying displays, Aerospace Exhibitors, Active Simulators and children's play areas plus loads more

To enter, simply comment below with your answer to the following question - What is the most iconic aircraft in history and why? It would also be great to hear why you and your family want to attend the air show! laughing

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 14.48.54.png

The winner will then be picked at random from all participants. The competition will run from now until 3pm on Wednesday the 18th July 2018, so make sure you enter before then! Be sure to have a quick read of terms and conditions before you enter. wink

Please note: due to the tight time scale of this competition and the need to post the phycial tickets to you we need the winners details (full names of attendees and addresses) by 5pm on Wednesday 18th July, so if you take part, please keep an eye on your private messages on Wednesday or alternatively, drop me a message with then when you enter. 

Competition now closed. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
It most defo has to be the spit fire it won battle of Britain and thank you to the brave men and women
Message 2 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
The most iconic aircraft in history is the Wright flyer.
From those tests and first flight at kitty hawk, mankind found a way, to leave the ground.
Imagine if they could see what their vision evolved into.
Message 3 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

All are iconic in their own way.

Personally, I have a love of the Harrier Jump Jets.(Sea Harrier)

My cousin worked on it's build and maintenance at RAF Wittering. They were used extensively in the Falklands War. To watch them take off was superb. Watching them land back on their Aircraft Carrier could be a bit damn frightening...

https://theaviationist.com/2012/05/22/sea-harrier-the-forgotten-hero-that-won-the-war-in-the-falklan...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

the Spitfire

Message 5 of 17

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Concorde.
Supersonic flight "to the general public" and crossing the Atlantic in under 4 hours.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 17

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Great answers so far guys! All really amazing and unique aircraft. 

For anyone reading this thread you still have until 3pm today to enter so let us know What is the most iconic aircraft in history and why? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 7 of 17

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys the competition is now closed. I'll be announcing the winner shortly! wink

signature

Message 8 of 17

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone! 

I've had confirmation from the winner so a big congratulations to @viridis! It's about time you won one of these joy

As a bonus we were able to snag a second pair of tickets at the last minute which @gmarkj has accepted! 

Well done to both of you! I hope you have a great time at the Farnborough Air Show! It would be great to see a few pics of your time there too. wink

Thanks to all those who entered and keep an eye out for further Community competitions in the future. cool 

signature

Message 9 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Woohoo, ta muchly @Martin-O2
Message 10 of 17