Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Reply
Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Community Awards 2018!


@WispaRed7 wrote:

For Wispa'

 

Image result for kit harington images

 

Kit Harington aka Jon Snow in Game of Thrones ... gets my vote for the most handsome man on the O2 Community ... kissing closed eyes heart Happy Dance


RUDE

Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
Posts: 710
Registered: ‎25-11-2014

Re: Community Awards 2018!


@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, but I’ve had to vote for the same person in 2 different categories a few times.

 

Some people are knowledgeable & write great reviews..

while others are super friendly & very helpful to boot!  


It's a difficult one to address, because ideally you wouldn't want the usual suspects to keep winning the most popular awards, but it's made choosing the best candidates for each category more difficult I feel, and meant that I've had to leave a few gaps in my selection.

 

There's been lots of great topics for discussion this year, and this thread has been one of my highlights, because I felt we learned quite a lot about each other  Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Community Awards 2018!


@Ian_ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, but I’ve had to vote for the same person in 2 different categories a few times.

 

Some people are knowledgeable & write great reviews..

while others are super friendly & very helpful to boot!  


It's a difficult one to address, because ideally you wouldn't want the usual suspects to keep winning the most popular awards, but it's made choosing the best candidates for each category more difficult I feel, and meant that I've had to leave a few gaps in my selection.

 

There's been lots of great topics for discussion this year, and this thread has been one of my highlights, because I felt we learned quite a lot about each other  Smiley Happy


I disagree with the usual suspects comment.. if the usual suspects are here year after year and their talents span various categories.. why should they be denied? 

 

Not really a free vote if you’re restricted to who you can vote for... thinking

Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
Posts: 710
Registered: ‎25-11-2014

Re: Community Awards 2018!

@Anonymous

 

I don’t disagree with you, but I can see both sides of the argument. It depends how seriously people want to take these awards, but if one of the aims is to encourage more newcomers to get involved with the forums, then it would help to see more members displaying their shiny new banner (as explained in the OP). 

 

I meant no offence by the “usual suspects” remark, and for me the awards are intended as a bit of fun  wink

Posts: 67,024
Topics: 662
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: Community Awards 2018!


@Ian_ wrote:

@Anonymous

 

I don’t disagree with you, but I can see both sides of the argument. It depends how seriously people want to take these awards, but if one of the aims is to encourage more newcomers to get involved with the forums, then it would help to see more members displaying their shiny new banner (as explained in the OP). 

 

I meant no offence by the “usual suspects” remark, and for me the awards are intended as a bit of fun  wink


Yes, that's all they are...a bit of fun. Not as if anyone will win a a free holiday to the Maldives. upside down

However, the categories we had to chose from indicated that a few of 'the usual suspect's' would get a mention. After all, those are the members people remember.

*The Game Is On*


Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
Posts: 710
Registered: ‎25-11-2014

Re: Community Awards 2018!


@Cleoriff wrote:
However, the categories we had to chose from indicated that a few of 'the usual suspect's' would get a mention. After all, those are the members people remember.

I’ve nominated a few myself, but not necessarily for the categories that you might expect  wink

Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Community Awards 2018!

I didn’t mean to upset or offend either @Ian_
Maybe I’m just being a dick(which wouldn’t be unusual) about the whole thing!

Posts: 67,024
Topics: 662
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: Community Awards 2018!


@Ian_ wrote:

 

 


I’ve nominated a few myself, but not necessarily for the categories that you might expect  wink


Interesting @Ian_

I actually struggled with a couple of the categories

*The Game Is On*


Level 14: Rising star 
Posts: 884
Registered: ‎11-07-2012

Re: Community Awards 2018!

I struggled with a few and was unable to vote in some of the categories, mainly because I wasn't around enough, or haven't read anything in those categories because they don't interest me. Apple stuff for instance. I hate Apple and iPhones so am not interested or knowledgeable so I don't read those forums/threads

Thanks

Steve
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
Posts: 710
Registered: ‎25-11-2014

Re: Community Awards 2018!

I don’t consider myself to be a regular contributor these days, and that makes it difficult to form an opinion on some of the categories, which is why I’ve left a few of them blank. If I’d read this discussion before submitting my votes, then I think I’d have followed @Anonymous‘s example, and given one or two candidates a second vote in another category. 

 

I don’t really know what the best way forward would be, but I daresay that they’ll look at tweaking the voting criteria for next year’s awards.