Did you mean: 

Coffee Week!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey Everyone, 

This week is International Coffee Week! Coffee has been described as the life blood of the modern world and mornings just wouldn't be the same without a nice cup of strong hot coffee. 

We still have several Caffè Nero vouchers left over from the Community Awards and the community team have just about managed to resist using them! dizzy 

Several cups of coffee

We thought it would be great to give the remaining vouchers away for coffee week. There are 8 x £10 Caffè Nero vouchers up for grabs and if you want a hot drink on us all you need to do is comment below letting us know what your favourite hot drink is and why you like it so much.

We will then do a raffle with all the members who commented early next week. wink

Good luck!! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Thank you so very much slight_smile

I will enjoy spending mine Fantastic

Message 31 of 63

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions
Well done all, and pretty sure Nero do other beverages as well as coffee (and yummy caramel shortbread and similar too...)

Message 32 of 63

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn wrote:
Well done all, and pretty sure Nero do other beverages as well as coffee (and yummy caramel shortbread and similar too...)

Thanks for that @pgn .

Caramel shortbread and a cuppa cha - my award spent as soon as I get it thumbsup

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 33 of 63

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

One of my most favourite subjects... Coffee!

My two favourites are:

1. Long Macchiato
  2. Latte

For the latte though... I can drink the ones you get from all the major coffee chains but more often than not it feels like it's just coffee flavoured milk, rather than an actual coffee drink - if you get me? Even adding an extra shot (or two - I call it the Quadlattiola) sometimes doesn't make it "right". The ones that really hit the spot are the likes you get in hidden away café's where they often buy proper, quality italian beans and grind it themselves. In fact one of the best "store" lattes I've ever had is from Tebay Services on the M6 - I kid you not... All their own-made stuff is incredible, and they do hot food stuff too.

My equipment at home is a Bodum Copper French Press which I pair with a Bodum milk frother jug, but if I've got company over then I prep the coffee in a nice pour-over I've got (nice blend of glass & wood). My "go to" coffee is the quite frankly fantastic Cafe Saula (500g for £12 on Amazon) which I've been buying for years. It's so smooth with an amazing aroma and taste.

Once we get into the warmer days all of this goes in a cupboard though, and out comes a 2L custom-made glass jar with built-in spout that I batch make cold brew coffee in... Glass. Ice ball. Half-inch of single cream, or Baileys cream for extra flavour. Top-up with cold brew. MAGNIFICENT!

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 34 of 63

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

One of my work colleagues is as enthusiastic about his coffee as you are, a 4-digit coffee machine adorns part of a work surface in his kitchen. I know where he gets his beans, from a local coffee seller who imports and roasts his own bean blend... Must ask him Saula wink 

Message 35 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the coffee award 

I shall enbjoy a latte & Millionaires Shotbread smiling

pm sent 

Message 36 of 63

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much @Martin-O2 , @Marjo , and @EmilieT , the voucher arrived in a lovely card with tigers on it today.

Off for a cup of tea and caramel shortbread [thanks for tip @pgn ] next week.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 37 of 63

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good to hear it arrived safe and sound @Mi-Amigo, enjoy the tea and sweet treat! hugging

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

signature

Message 38 of 63

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Awesome @Mi-Amigo ! Glad it arrived safe and hope you enjoy the tea and shortbread! smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

signature

Message 39 of 63

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

Good to hear it arrived safe and sound @Mi-Amigo, enjoy the tea and sweet treat! hugging

I certainly will @EmilieT  and card [how did you guess I love tigers laughing] has pride of place on my mantleshelf.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 40 of 63