Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Topics: 547

Re: Charge to Mobile & Premium SMS – A Community Guide

I understand what you are saying @Payforit_Sucks and will take onboard your good advice.

A question for you.... 

Almost all my browsing is done either on the laptop or the tablet. As there is no mobile number associated with either I presume I'm fairly safe. Social media apps and websites don't have my number so presumably I'm fairly safe. Other websites which as airline and local government sites do have my number.

Disregarding the promised new measures by O2, just how safe can I feel? 

Level 63: Greatness Assured

[ Edited ]

I would like to say, and I'm sure I speak for many who frequent this forum, that you are to be highly commended @Payforit_Sucks for all the hard work you have put into exposing these scams, and your diligent efforts to try to get O2 and the other networks to finally do something about this scourge, i.e.EE having safeguards already in place.

I find it quite laughable that O2 are now touting that they are going to do something about this, when we all know that they've known about it for years, and have reaped the benefits from the scum who perpetrate these scams. Now O2 crows about getting on board, when the truth is they're only doing it because they've been forced to. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Level 13: Prompter

@jonsie wrote:

I understand what you are saying @Payforit_Sucks and will take onboard your good advice.

A question for you.... 

Almost all my browsing is done either on the laptop or the tablet. As there is no mobile number associated with either I presume I'm fairly safe. Social media apps and websites don't have my number so presumably I'm fairly safe. Other websites which as airline and local government sites do have my number.

Disregarding the promised new measures by O2, just how safe can I feel? 

The issue isn't what you are using, but how it is connected. There have been a number of cases where consumers using a 4G dongle to connect their PC to the internet have become "subscribed" (using the phone number associated with the dongle).

If you are connected via a broadband WiFi connection, you should have nothing to worry about. There has been no recent evidence of phone numbers being harvested from other sources for these scams, although because O2 make no checks it is always possible.

Been scammed by 'Payforit'? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to 'Payforit' scams. Respond to the Phone-paid Services Authority Consultation