cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new community design now live!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear all,

we're delighted to announce that our brand new community design is now live! We have been listening to your feedback over the past months and we've come up with a fresher, more inviting layout that we believe will make your community experience more exciting.

Later in the year we'll be releasing brand new features so watch this space. We value your feedback and we look forward to hearing your thoughts!
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
It happened at various times yesterday Toby but no problems today. Hopefully it will be ok now.
Message 11 of 27

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I'm not good with change and I think that this change is a bit too much all at once.  I was only just getting used to the old layout.

Maybe it's just me but I am finding it more difficult to browse the community and having to click on more things than normal to see something.

I was also hoping that the new design would include a section for individual members' posts that have been marked as a solution.

Anyways this is just my opinion.  I am sure that many members will disagree with me.

Message 12 of 27

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi Gemz,

Some great points there and we'll feed them back :).

If you had to pick anything you miss from the old design, what would it (they) be?

EDIT: Also guys, the quoting featue should be easier to visually understand. Have a play with it and let us know what you think!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't put my finger on why I don't like this. I think it just feels very untidy. I like things to be tidy and organised and have logic, and this just doesn't.

I think the post body is too wide, I liked it was narrower on the old one, it makes it look cluttered if it's too wide.

I would like "unread posts" to be on the nav bar at the top in it's own right instead of under quick links.
Message 14 of 27

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I agree @Anonymous - it's hard to put my finger on exactly what the problem is but it is bugging me.

I personally think the new design makes it hard to post and interact with other members.

The thing I miss from the old layout is the home screen - the sections used to be easy to find right away rather than having to scroll down.

Message 15 of 27

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I would like "unread posts" to be on the nav bar at the top in it's own right instead of under quick links.

I want this too @Anonymous We'll see what can be done.

Keep the feedback coming guys

Get involved:

Message 16 of 27

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Any chance of an "unread post" count next to the section headings on the home page?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 27

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Any chance of an "unread post" count next to the section headings on the home page?

@Anonymous said the same thing Mi5. I'll feed this back and see what our options are

Get involved:

Message 18 of 27

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous said the same thing Mi5. I'll feed this back and see what our options are

Sorry Toby, I meant next to each section (although I do agree with Wanty's request).

On the old layout, from the homepage, you could see if there were any unread posts against each section. Now, with the new layout, you have to click into each section (away from the homepage) to see the unread post count next to each section.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 27

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Ahh I see, OK. I'll feed that back too.

Cheers MI5

Get involved:

Message 20 of 27