cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask the Director: How can we make your life even better connected?

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi Everyone,

Ever wonder if you could ask a question or forward an idea directly to a person who is involved in making top decisions for our company? Well, here's that wonderful opportunity for you!

On Tuesday, we’re conducting our first ever Virtual Interview event on the O2 Community that will be hosted by our Sales & Service director. He will be responding to your questions and taking any feedback/ suggestion on this thread between 16:00 – 17:30. So, get your thinking caps on!

How can we make your life even better connected: what are the products, services and experiences we can either improve or introduce?

NOTE: The thread is now closed and we'd like to thank everyone for posting their questions and feedback.

Thanks

Abs

Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Regards to the proposed Updates to board structure

Sounds a good idea, I'm surprised Pay Monthly and Pay and Go are to be merged though as these can get very busy, and are the areas where much confusion can arise, mainly due to the large differences in tariffs.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have been trying to find out what the problem is with sending text messages.

• spoken to customer services - nice but not really interested and basically couldn't help and wasn't interested in this being a service issue
  • tweeted - as above
  • friend been into shop - gurusays loads of people complaining about text service

So where do we go from here - there is no joined up view of service or service complaints. "just wait and see" was the help. Is this really the best you can do surely a cohesive incident management service would not be difficult to provide at this point in the maturity of your company.

02's customer service has, at best been poor, at worst lets not even go there. 2 major complaints in last year resulting in refunds and compensation all because of your people.

Regards

Sue

Message 12 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm very happy with the International favourites plan. My main destination is Venezuela. However it would be great if you can include this country on the "CallMe number"

Thanks in advance

Message 13 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

o2 is the only network that does not offer Unlimited data and the 3g internet is very bad for a large network you use to offer Unlimited data!!!!!! bring it back and stop giving Unlimited Tx let the customer have what they KEEP TELLING WHAT THEY WANT and not what the ads say get it right now and LISTEN!

Message 14 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have one key request, please stop branding Android handsets then delaying the release of the OTA updates.

If we buy a handset from a third party on o2, we can get the updates as soon as google or the manufacturer releases, but there are unbearable delays for you to tailor the update to your unnecessary branding.

When we get a top of the range handset, its frustrating to have its capability limited like this, and quite frankly, it's insulting that you would never dream of delaying iOS updates in the same way.

I have had to recommend to friends that while o2 tariffs are good, they should never buy an Android handset directly from you until this is resolved.

Thanks for reading.
Message 15 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
As an O2 Business customer I am frustrated to find that there still isn't an O2 Business iPhone App to manage calls and data. There has been an normal consumer iPhone app for a good couple of years or more. When, if at all, do you plan to introduce an O2 Business App for us to manage our contracts on the go. I'm sure a lot of business users would fid this very useful.
Message 16 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the main criticisms of O2 that I read about on this forum is that they fail to keep the most simplest of promises, that is......"I'll phone you back".

When anybody says this small phrase then they should mean it and they should do it, even if they can only update the customer with, for example, "I don't have an answer yet but I'll phone you again when I have any information".

"I'll phone you back" is possibly the most broken promise within all customer service industries........make O2 different by keeping the promise.

As a Director of O2, I can guarantee that you do not allow your employees to say that to you and not do it therefore you should not allow it to happen to your customers.

The second criticism is an individual not taking ownership of the problem. If the problem is properly logged into your CS system then even if the O2 individual is not at work, a deputy can pick up the problem and progress it, rather than posing all the same questions for a second (or more) time.

Edit:

And criticism no. 3 is the ease that fraud can be committed to obtain a phone when an upgrade is due.

There seems to be little verification (and if there is then it is ineffective) that callers to O2, are who they say they are. In most cases the new phone is delivered to an address not previously notified to O2 by the account holder.

Message 17 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Better international call charges when your abroad, free web for over £15 monthly contract for loyalty customers, able to downgrade within your 24 month contract.
Message 18 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. Your coverage in BT17 0JN is terrible. Can you invest in a new mast for the area? It is a hilly area and calls are never without coverage issues. Also, would you consider delivery reports for messages. I am lost without them.
Message 19 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like new Wireless Box firmware updates to be made available for download much quicker. For instance, the latest Wireless Box IV firmware has been pushed out to routers for some months now, but some customers have not received it yet and would like to upgrade manually. The setup cd download on the website still has the old WBIV firmware.

Message 20 of 61