Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Vyper
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ordered the 256GB Space Grey iPhone X for home delivery to N.Ireland and it's showing in progress still. No tracking etc.

Email confirmation was at 27/10/2017 07:49 AM

I was also advised by live chat that my phone would be here by launch day so fingers crossed. 

Good luck to everyone else!

Message 441 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I started my order (Space Grey, 256gb) at about 7:45am on the 27th but I had various issues with the website. Managed basically all of the steps and received the texts with legal attachments by 8:18 but unfortunately something went wrong and when asked to log back in I found that the site wouldn't accept my login details or my security answer (all of which were correct haha) and by about quarter to 9 I'd given up and gone to bed, having worked a nightshift with another that evening.

So by the time I had slept and gotten o2 to fix my online account, I got the confirmation at about half three that afternoon. I dropped into an o2 shop whilst running an errand for my dad the next day and I was told I'd recieve it on the 3rd, regardless. I gave the the guy no reason to tell a fib, I'd simply said I was curious if they had any idea and he proceeded to look into it. If that turns out to be the case, I'm wondering if the time of confirmation is less important than what order customers created the order?

Anyway, as of yet I don't have any shipping details so I doubt I'll recieve the phone at launch. In my experience that sort of data tends to originate when a shipping order is confirmed by the sender, as opposed to when the item is actually handed over to a courier.

Looking forward to it though!

Message 442 of 1,685

uncleiven197
  • 76 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My 64GB Space Grey was also dispatched yesterday so it's looking good for Friday.

Ordered about 7:35am

Message 443 of 1,685

LauraMc1987
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey guys, can I ask where you's are checking your order status on MyO2 to see in progress etc? I ordered 64gb in silver, confirmation email at 7:47. I done it through the upgrade option through. When I log into MyO2 all the information I get is under upgrade and it states we're processing your upgrade order now. Doesn't give any other information. When I ordered I was quoted 3rd Nov for delivery but my confirmation email gives no date, have had no update since then!

Message 444 of 1,685

Calumthomas
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For some reason ‘my orders’ only shows on the desktop website, doesn’t even show in the app, which I think is a little shocking personally! It’s underneath upgrade options on the desktop site slight_smile

Message 445 of 1,685

LauraMc1987
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thanks!

Live chat are currently trying to tell me that no one will have had a dispatch email yet as the phone doesn't launch until Friday and they wont dispatch them until 24 hours before that. Clearly people on here have had emails though lol

Message 446 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont listen to what live chat has to say mate... they are all over the place.

Basically I have tracking info etc... all it says on DPD website is "We've received your order details, and we're expecting your parcel shortly"... can also see my parcel was scanned at Leeds last night. 

The final delivery stretch for people getting in on Fri wont happen until Thurs night earliest. 

IMO if you have tracking info you have been allocated a phone. 

Message 447 of 1,685

Harry213
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Anyone had tracking details for an iPhone X 256GB Space Grey for home delivery?
Message 448 of 1,685

SempiternalXCV
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Iphone X 64gb Space Grey, still in progress, not sure what the order time was, Live chat told me yesterday they see nothing wrong with my order and that it will be on my doorstep on Friday, took it with a pinch of salt but I am praying that I get it on Friday, good luck everyone!

Message 449 of 1,685

LauraMc1987
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah I've spoken to them a few times and been told different things!

Just have to hope I see that sweet dispatch email sometime today or tomorrow! 

Good luck everyone! yahoo

Message 450 of 1,685