Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Naywa01
Level 3: Thinker
  • 46 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Same boat as plenty of others, being treated like mushrooms (being kept in the dark and fed s**t). Ordered a SG 256GB IPx with order confirmation at 11.40am on the 27th.

As I mentioned in a previous post, was told on twitter (after giving up on CS & LC) that it was up to 6 weeks from RELEASE/LAUNCH day - not pre-order day; which I believe is what @Chris_K mentioned in his posts (finally a response!!).

How they then have the cheek to now state delivery times of "up to 3 weeks" for the same model on the 02 online shop is beyond me. Does this really mean that someone ordering today can expect to receive theirs either at the same time or even earlier, I really hope not after being lied to multiple times.

By the way, I've also lodged a complaint via Resolver, yesterday afternoon I had a text message (which I missed because I was working) saying that a specific person would be calling me in the next 5 minutes (thanks for the advance notice). Needless to say I missed the call and they left no VM nor have they attempted to call back.

Message 1441 of 1,685

Naywa01
  • 46 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Before any asks slight_smile My order was for a personal contract on a Refresh yearly upgrade for click&collect
Message 1442 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I placed a separate order as a new customer for a Silver 64GB on 9th November. Just had a text to say it will be delivered today. 

So it’s taken 12 days in total. Not an upgrade as it’s a new account. 

Message 1443 of 1,685

Huntress
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Naywa01 wrote:

How they then have the cheek to now state delivery times of "up to 3 weeks" for the same model on the 02 online shop is beyond me. Does this really mean that someone ordering today can expect to receive theirs either at the same time or even earlier, I really hope not after being lied to multiple times.

@Naywa01 I ordered my IPX SG 256gb on 12/11 at 17:24 due to being on the Yearly Upgade Programme and not able to pre-order on 27/10.  The website stated up to 3 weeks so it will indeed be interesting to see if mine arrives at the O2 store before yours.  It is total madness every year and sadly O2 don't appear to learn from the previous years mistakes. Loyalty with O2 counts for nothing sadly.

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 1444 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Naywa01 wrote:

Same boat as plenty of others, being treated like mushrooms (being kept in the dark and fed s**t). Ordered a SG 256GB IPx with order confirmation at 11.40am on the 27th.

I can confirm the delivery ETA quoted at that date/time would have been 'Up to 6 weeks'.

@Naywa01 wrote:

As I mentioned in a previous post, was told on twitter (after giving up on CS & LC) that it was up to 6 weeks from RELEASE/LAUNCH day - not pre-order day; which I believe is what @Chris_K mentioned in his posts (finally a response!!).

The delivery ETA would have been from launch day, not pre-order day.

@Naywa01 wrote:

That's absolutely not the case - someone ordering now will not jump the queue and get theirs before someone who ordered before them.

Stock situations can change daily and while when you ordered we did have an expectation that it'd take up to 6 weeks, that stock situation outlook can improve or worsen. For instance, lets say you ordered on 27th with 'Up to 6 weeks', and then someone ordered the same model on 3rd Nov with 'Up to 4 weeks'. On the face of it, that means they only had to wait 1 week, to then get an ETA that's 1 week ahead of yours. The reality is the stock situation may have improved enough that those ETA's got brought forward, but in any case, orders are still being fulfilled in the order they were made. You'll get your 256GB Space Grey before someone who ordered that same model after you.

Message 1445 of 1,685

Naywa01
  • 46 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@mrsbaker1Wow, not even two weeks, thats not bad. Looks like the 64GB is nowhere near the demand of the 256GB.

I use the additional capacity as I store a lot of music on my phone, so definitely am not prepared to downgrade capacity from my current 256GB IP7+

Message 1446 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Naywa01 Yes it’s quick considering everything. It’s obviously the 256 that has the problem. I just went through an upgrade with my other daughters contract and it clearly states ‘more than 4 weeks’ for the 256 silver. I didn’t order, just wanted to see the timescale offered. 

Message 1447 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Naywa01 wrote:

@mrsbaker1Wow, not even two weeks, thats not bad. Looks like the 64GB is nowhere near the demand of the 256GB.

The 256GB variants have consistently had a longer lead time than the 64GB variants. If capacity doesn't matter much to you and you want an iPhone X as soon as possible, the 64GB is the way to go.

Personally, though... If I was buying the most advanced iPhone ever made, I'd be wanting the best version of that iPhone and to future-proof it as much as possible, so I can see why the 256GB is more sought after.

Message 1448 of 1,685

Naywa01
  • 46 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Chris_K Thanks Chris for the comprehensive and honest answers, it makes a refreshing difference.

By the way, when I mention being lied to its specifically in reference to comments from chat/CS such as "we've just got stock, you will get a text within 24 hours" which they then go on to promise is definitive.

It seems this is common practice judging by the many instances I've seen on here. This practice needs to stop, as it is simply dishonest and insulting and just makes the problem worse.

Whoever is responsible at O2 for customer services needs to take this seriously as it is damaging to O2's reputation and costing them money. I realise other networks also have their challenges (I have visited EE to compare) on this particular launch, but O2's communication processes seem to be letting them down the most.

Message 1449 of 1,685

Johnm251188
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Chris k that's not true. I ordered a 64GB on the 11th and someone commented yesterday who ordered on the 12th that they had received the phone. So it can't be first come first serve basis.
Message 1450 of 1,685