Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered SG 256gb on 27/11 as a new personal customer, although I also have a business account. I've not received the phone or for that matter any communication from o2 since the 27/10. I spoke to customer services yesterday who said it could be another 4 weeks. After seeing the latest threads here, I went to chat on line this morning, who said stock I would definetely receivethe phone this week...WTF......echoing everyone elses sentiment, it is a total shambles!

Message 1181 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

[image removed]

Just kidding pal, what an irritating situation eh! What time did you get your order confirm email?

I'm flying out to NYC tomorrow, shall see if I can get hold of one there.

It seems the 256GB SG is the most desired model, however I'm sure others have received theirs who ordered after me (confirm email received at 08:11)

Message 1182 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

[image removed]

Just kidding pal, what an irritating situation eh! What time did you get your order confirm email?

I'm flying out to NYC tomorrow, shall see if I can get hold of one there.

It seems the 256GB SG is the most desired model, however I'm sure others have received theirs who ordered after me (confirm email received at 08:11)

HAHA no problem - not until 16.45 - although I actually placed the order over the phone at 11am...it took them forever to send me the order details..I actually dont mind waiting for the phone, its just the utterly woeful service that gets me rage

Message 1183 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad to see people are starting to get their phones now. For those of you that haven't, all I can say is that it'll be worth the wait. I love this phone.

Anyway, question for those who have received theirs: What's happening with the airtime credit we're all meant to receive for the time spent waiting for delivery? When I signed up online the tarrif description said something like, "We'll give you airtime credit every day while you're waiting for your phone to arrive" but my bill has the airtime and device charges at the normal amount. Admittedly I only waited 6 days from release date for my phone to arrive but, how do I get this credit?
Message 1184 of 1,685

Naywa01
Level 3: Thinker
  • 46 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I ordered SG 256GB with order confirmation at 11.40am on the 27th.

Unlike others have mentioned I have NOT received any email with estimated dates, so interesting to hear that.

Anyway after being repeatedly lied to, including the now famous “stock coming in, you’ll get text in 24 hours” from CS on the phone, I still am none the wiser as to when I might see my phone.

As many others have said, it’s not the waiting, it’s the lies and lack of useful information.

I’m also a bit fed up of people saying ‘it’s not O2’s fault’. I know they have no control over Apple production lines, but they DO have influence over negotiations with Apple on stock quota, how the stock is then allocated to customers and what their representatives tell customers.
Message 1185 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think, or im guessing it gets added to your account when your next bill is due but thats just my thinking of it.

Message 1186 of 1,685

mgd19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I thought it was worth sharing my experience. I pre ordered on 28th October at 12.30 - iPhone X 256gb Space Grey. As, like everyone else, I had heard no information at all from O2 I got in touch on Monday 6th to find out any update on expected delivery. I was told online on the chat service mine had been placed on "high priority" and can expect delivery within "2-3" days. Of course that didn't happen. I got back in touch on Thursday 9th, and they said new devices were being sent out by Apple that day, and rest assured mine would be delivered - of course that was not true. I got back in touch again on Friday 10th for an update and was told, again, that it had been tagged as a "high priority" order.

I got in touch with them again on Monday 11th, as I'd been given such conflicting information, and was told this time that my order had been given a "fast delivery" option, "you are in the top 5 people next to get one". Again, I knew this was a lie.

I sent a formal complaint to O2 via Resolver, due to the conflicting delivery dates (from 2-3 days, 2 weeks, 4 weeks, up to 6 weeks), and the constant mis information given to me, and have just received a letter today confirming that they do not have any ability to place an order on "high priority" or with "fast options" and all but confirmed that each cumtomer serivce agent had told a lie or given misinformation, and for that offered a settlement to me of £75, as my complaint was valid and the service I received was below their standards of customer service.

The letter, which I received today, aldo says "The current timescale for the delivery of the iPhone X 256GB in space grey is over six weeks" yet a new order online in the store says it will take up to 3 weeks for the same model ..? Will have to see on that one.

Message 1187 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, pleased to say I’ve received my iPhone X SG 256GB today after having to complain via Resolver. O2 reimbursed me a months airtime and also placed a £20 credit on my account. Sometimes pays to make official 🙂
Message 1188 of 1,685

Johnm251188
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Please don't all go mad but I ordered on Saturday for the 64gb SG delivery time showing 2 weeks. I know it's only a few days but I'm hoping it comes before my birthday on the 25th. Anyone still waiting for that model from pre order date? Is it likely to be 2 weeks or longer?
Message 1189 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Awesome!! What time did you order?!

Message 1190 of 1,685