Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ordered mine on the 27th 64gb version. It was delivered today.

i will add though that I made a complaint on resolver on Friday then around 2 hours later I had an email saying it had been dispatched. I only did this as I seen someone else did the same and also got theirs dispatched the same day. Might just be a coincidence however.

Message 1121 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was it space grey or silver
Message 1122 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Silver
Message 1123 of 1,685

KingKojo
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think the one everyone is waiting for is the 256GB SG. Anyone getting that phone this week is very lucky, seems to be none shipped yet since the first week.

Message 1124 of 1,685

Iharris85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok get this for a kick in the teeth, a colleague of mind order his silver 64 iPhone X on the Sunday 5th and got his phone delivered today! I ordered mine in the 4th... still nothing!
Message 1125 of 1,685

Joemoore28
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
All of us that ordered either on the 27/10 or later and still hasn’t had our devices due to understandably Apple not being able to fulfill the demand as we all knew about from the start.

O2 are to blame for opening their ordering system too early on the 27th after informing customers of a 08:01 start, they are also to blame for their communication or lack there of.

I ordered 9am 27th 256gb space gray and other than being lied to by online chat a few times and receiving the text we all got on Friday as the only communication with o2 therefore ive now resotrted to waiting it out.

***** This is what I’m really annoyed at.*****

All of us who haven’t received our devices and who have opted for the tariff that includes the annual upgrade program will be all screwed next year because we will not be able to order the new model as we will all still be in contract as this contract starts from when we receive or devices for 12 months not from when we pre-ordered.

It will be interesting hearing o2’s views to this as I’ve already raised my concerns but have had to reply for a week now.
Message 1126 of 1,685

mifune
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had a call back from O2 today in response to a complaint I had lodged through Resolver on Friday past.  As per the previous posts, the advisor apologised for the delay and advised that my current lead time for delivery is at least 6 weeks from today.  

I advised that the website was showing 'up to 4 weeks' for that model and she advised that she had also spoken with the retentions team (I am a refresh customer) and that there literally was no stock available and no firm indication as to when stock of this model would be available.

O2 have upheld my complaint, advised that the airtime credit reward would apply and offered a small account credit for the inconvenience.  They are unable to provide any more clarity on delivery timescales at this point.

- Order confirmation email received 27th October 08:48

- Space Grey 256GB iPhone X

Message 1127 of 1,685

Strayfe
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How many days has it took for your iPhone X to deliver when u didnt pre order? It says up to 3 weeks but some getting it a bit earlier.

Message 1128 of 1,685

Joemoore28
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@mifune

I also had to rais a complaint through Resolver and in regards to that complaint I was told quite the opposite to what you were advised, the person dealing with mysel also accepted fault and stated that my complaint was to stand however I was also advised “ as we opened our ordering system earlier than previously advised we accept all responsibility as all stock of the 256gb sg were sold out but there was stock off this colour and model” so maybe we are coming up against the same problem as we do on live chat and that the information we receive through these channels depends on who we speak too.

No consistency.
Message 1129 of 1,685

mifune
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Cheers Joe, I agree the issue here really does lie in the consistency of message. Could they give you any indication as to lead times? I simply got the 'at least 6 week' line.
Message 1130 of 1,685