Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - what phone and what GB did you order?

I spoke to Live Chat today and was advised mine won't be delivered till a week today though yesterday I was told it would not be till 3 weeks from yesterday.

Message 1061 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I really wouldn't believe anything live chat says right now. They've given me a different date every day. I might build an O2 "bingo" board and see how many days it takes to fill it out

Message 1062 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

(256 gb space grey). i wouldnt beleive anything they say either, lied to me 4 times now its a joke how 02 can't tell us when we are gonna get our phones. rung ee yesterday to see how long it would be if i ordered with them and told me 24 days. how do they know and 02 not ? such a joke.

Message 1063 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ordered my iPhone X, Space Grey 64GB on Friday 3rd with a projected home delivery of "up to 4 weeks".

Come Monday 6th, that had changed to "up to 3 weeks" and then to "up to 2 weeks" either Tuesday 7th or Wednesday 8th.

Friday 10th, Live Chat has informed me that it's out of stock.

Genuinely might cancel and move to another network.

Message 1064 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I ordered the same phone on 27th and got told that yesterday but today told it will be with me within a week....

I was also told on live chat that they have different stock allocations for upgrades and online orders which is why they are able to give a delivery time of up to 2 weeks on the website.

So effectively it would appear that 'first come first serve' is only applicable in the group you ordered be it online or upgrade.

Message 1065 of 1,685

alistair
  • 68 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Exactly the same as me, Regina - maybe we should all cancel and re-order online again and see what happens! It still says “up to 2 weeks” delivery  on the iPhone X order page on O2!

Alistair
@Anonymous wrote:

Come Monday 6th, that had changed to "up to 3 weeks" and then to "up to 2 weeks" either Tuesday 7th or Wednesday 8th.

Friday 10th, Live Chat has informed me that it's out of stock.

Genuinely might cancel and move to another network.

Message 1066 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Haven’t heard anything regarding my phone as of yet @mrsbaker1 🙄
Message 1067 of 1,685

Naywa01
  • 46 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I phoned and spoke to CS today (not live chat). I was pretty blunt with them (but not rude).

The lady I spoke to put me on hold to speak to another team, when she came back she told me they had received stock and I would be receiving a text with the details for delivery tomorrow.

As I have a clock&collect order I asked if this still applied, I could hear her on a computer and then she answered yes. I asked her to confirm this was definitive, as I had already made clear my displeasure at being lied to and she very clearly and firmly said it was definite.

So we will see, but I am really not holding my breath. She did also say I would receive an extra credit on my next airtime bill.

As someone else wrote here I did also speak on live chat to EE today and he confirmed absolute maximum and of 21 days for SG 256GB if I ordered today. Seriously tempted to cancel and go with EE.
Message 1068 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Naywa01 I phoned them two days ago and they said the exact same. Still haven’t received any news
Message 1069 of 1,685

Jay1999
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes that’s what I got told today as well must be true I ordered 256gb silver and it’s in stock they told me for home delivery so fingers crossed she said I would receive a text message today or tomorrow morning so I’m waiting I can’t wait lol if it happens but I still have doubt about getting it so I phoned again and the man said if not tomorrow definitely bye Monday so I’m hoping for tomorrow 

(Update)

Just phoned up total bull ****** they are lying the man I spoke to then just said no it’s out of stock I’m angry with them bull ******ing us I’m sick of it for ****** sake 

Message 1070 of 1,685