Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Jay1999
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh right I’m going to ring them tomorrow cuz my friend just got his tracking number and he ordered last week takes the *bleep* dosen’t it same model as me to I’m happy for him but angry with o2

Message 1041 of 1,685

jaykaytee
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No...because I couldn't get through. As i have said , might be co-incidence with new stock arriving, but after a pretty firm conversation on the Leave o2 line, I got confirmation 15 minutes later. But no definite connection between the two things. Leave o2 line said the phone was out of stock and I would have to wait 2-4 weeks. I said, fine, I will phone the new contracts team and see what happens. Couldn't actually get through to them but then confirmation came through.

Regardless of my individual circumstances, the key thing that I thought was telling was the comment which implied that rather than having a global stock of phones with first come , first served, the new contracts team were implied to have a seperate stock list. 

Message 1042 of 1,685

Jay1999
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh right I’ll see what happens in the next week or so

Message 1043 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
My gf had issues pre-ordering a space grey 256gb iPhone X on the 27th due to o2 app and website being overloaded. We had to ring o2 up to get it sorted because she kept being logged out and we exhausted the security pin feature, order didn’t get fully completed till 28th as we had to wait 24hrs for security pin to reset.

Today she got confirmation of tariff change over and a dpd tracking number for delivery to store tomorrow.

So looks like o2 have got more stock in.
Message 1044 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well that’s irritating. Still plenty of us who ordered on the 27th who haven’t heard anything...
Message 1045 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous

Im amazed people that ordered on 27th are still waiting. They should get more than a bit of credit back.  I’m sure someone on this thread ordered on 30th and has theirs. 

Message 1046 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered in the afternoon of the 27th, because of the same problems the previous poster mentioned with the site. But yeah, it's strange. Then again, there's a relatively small number of these phones in existence haha.

Message 1047 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous I’m considering cancelling my order. Not because it hasn’t turned up but because I love my 7+. I love the size of it too and it’s only 12 months old. I joined a Facebook group called iPhone X so I’ve been reading posts on there and most people say they love it but others say they hate it, specifically for the same reason as mine. Trouble for me is my daughter is expecting to have my 7+ for christmas. I’m not sure what to do at the mo. 

Message 1048 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using a 6+. Had it for three years and my dad is keen on inheriting it, he's still using an iPhone 4. The only thing that bothers me about the new design is the reduction of useful screen real estate. they should have kept the dimensions of the 6+/7+/8+ screen and simply added corners to it I think.

I dunno. I wanted a new phone and I wasn't going to buy a 7 or an 8 which are more or less aesthetically identical to my current model.

Who knows, by the time we actually get the phone the next iPhone might have been released!

😀🤔

Message 1049 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The missing home button and fingerprint I.D is causing a stink too. I use that all the time for a lot of security apps and Apple Pay. 

I’m sure I’d be able to adjust to the change but until I actually see it and how it works I can only imagine using face I.D in the shops before I pay will make me look crazy and vain. 

Imagine on of your kids getting hold of your phone and shopping online or downloading apps that cost money then in-game buying?? All they’ve got to do to purchase would be to get you to look at the screen 🤪

Message 1050 of 1,685