Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I am afraid that is the email I received on 27th and still waiting
Message 1021 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I did recieve the same email on the 27th when I ordered which is why I thought it was a bit odd that I got another one. I'll try not and get too excited 

Message 1022 of 1,685

Jay1999
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No it doesn’t mean it’s on the way if you had a text / email saying your phone has been dispatched then the text would give you a tricking number same with the email to track your phone I’ve had 4 of them and still nothing so don’t get your hopes up sorry to bear the bad news you still have to wait
Message 1023 of 1,685

Jay1999
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I know it’s frustrating waiting for the iPhone X but all I can think of is if you ordered the 64gb your most likely to get it sooner then people who ordered the 256gb due to stock but I know it’s wrong there giving phones to people who ordered after the 30th Oct and have received there’s it’s like wait people ordered on the 27th 28th 29th they go on about 1st come 1st basis yeh my **** they do that I’ve been waiting for 1.71 weeks but we keep going on about it but at the end of the day we are all going to get our phones so don’t stress out
Message 1024 of 1,685

Iharris85
  • 21 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ordered mine iPhone X 64 Space Grey on the 4th Novermber about 8pm, got an email saying delivery will be around 2/12/2017.... 

Message 1025 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you place an order today on the O2 website for a Iphone X 64gb space grey it quotes delivery within 2weeks? Yet if yoy speak with them on the phone/live chat/facebook they quote 3-4 weeks from order date. Why? And Is this not false advertisement?
Message 1026 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was told on the phone yesterday I will be receiving a text today and will have the 256 SG by Monday. Rung them again today and was told a 4 week wait. Why is all the information given so inconsistent? @Chris_K
Message 1027 of 1,685

Joemoore28
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had and still do have an issue with the way o2 started the ordering system early meaning a lot of us are now expecting delays receiving our phones. I raised my concerns directly with o2 and they accepted responsibility for this however what I’m really not impressed about is the fact that people who ordered the exact same colour and model as me are receiving theirs before me(256gb sg) on top of that with the delay to get out devices it means those of us upgrading are actually getting our contract effectively extended and as with the 12 month upgrade early tariff it means that we will not be able to upgrade next your until 6-8 weeks after end of October which means we will lose out on being one of the first yet again to upgrade next year as our contract only begins when we get the device. Until we receive the device we will receive airtime credit but for those of us upgrading we Steven stuck paying for the stop gap between old and new contracts and the only people benefitting from this are new customer emphasis wh they are receiving phones before us upgrading. I personally do not think this is acceptable. Last night on live chat I was advised a phone would be waiting for me this morning in a store and surprise surprise I went to the store I found out I had been lied too again. Someone from o2 should really take notice here rather than ignoring customer who that on a £84 a month tariff will be giving o2 more that 2k over the contract which is a large percentage of our salaries.
Message 1028 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
So my dad just walked into an Apple store in Reading and left with a 256 space grey without a preorder... (on apples pay monthl scheme) how is O2 not able to tell me when mine is coming when it was preordered on the 27th. If I haven’t got a dispatch date by the weekend I think I’ll just cancel and go Sim only.
Message 1029 of 1,685

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous I guess the answer is that apple stores will get stock before any other retailer etc. The supply situation lies solely at the feet of apple and nobody else . 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 1030 of 1,685