Highlighted
Anonymous

Apple watch

Wanting to buy an Apple Watch how would it work with 02
Highlighted
Topics: 738

Re: Apple watch

[ Edited ]

The latest Apple Watch is not yet compatible with O2. Currently only available from EE @Anonymous

https://www.macworld.co.uk/news/apple/when-will-apple-watch-3-lte-come-o2-3664181/

"The first thing to mention is that this isn't some sort of artificially created exclusive sweetheart deal set up between EE and Apple - there is, according to EE and corroborated by one other provider, a concrete technological reason why that provider is the only one capable of handling the Apple Watch in the UK.

An EE spokesperson told us that "EE is the only UK network that has the capability to 'share' a number across a hard SIM (in the phone) and the Apple e-SIM (in the watch)."

At present this isn't something O2 can offer - so it isn't simply a question of waiting for an exclusivity deal to expire"

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Apple watch

[ Edited ]

The series 1 & 2 can be used with any iPhone on any network, but as stated above, the standalone aspect on the series 3 cannot be utilised on any network but EE

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Thank you
Highlighted
Topics: 44
Kudos: 216

@AnonymousWhilst you won't be able to use it standalone you would still be able to make calls from the watch provided it was within range of a paired iPhone, and you wouldn't need the cellular version for that so it would work out cheaper, though if the phones in range it's better just to pick up the phone. I can count on the fingers of one foot how many times I've made a call on the watch Smiley Wink

iPhone 11 Pro (O2 eSIM,3), Note 10+(EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Come on o2 we want answers!!
Highlighted
Topics: 549

Answers to what?
They've already said it's not in their plans to support Watch3 so there are no other answers to give?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 572

Highlighted
Topics: 549

Dunno, crystal ball not working.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)