Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

chippie
  • 19 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A little research would have told you that it is only EE that offer the cellular connection on the Watch at present. Also I cannot see any reference to the Watch being unlocked to all Networks on Currys site, however even if it is you are still obvoulsy out of luck as only EE is supporting it at the moment. That does not take away the fact that if you purchased in store then the saleseperson should have made you aware that the cellular side will only work on the EE Network.

Message 1661 of 1,685

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
It is worth reading up on the quality of the connection from EE as well, as in areas where the phone shows full 4G the watch will show a reduced signal strength (I'm guessing this is a side effect of having a transmitter so small in such as small device), and there are a number of posts about the signal quality / strength when used as a standalone.

I'm guessing O2 may have tried this and found the coverage / signal not suitable for deployment at this stage
Message 1662 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can’t see a post since September, so consider this an enriched bump. Are O2 actively trying to overcome hurdles so they can sell the Apple iWatch with Cellular support? If so, is there a target delivery date?
Message 1663 of 1,685

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Short answer is no.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1664 of 1,685

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Short answer is no.

I also think @Chris_K confirmed O2 had no plans to stock it?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1665 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Regarding the Apple Watch, I'm afraid there has been no change to our original statement. If or when that changes we'll let everybody know.

@Chris_K wrote:

Apple Watch Series 3 Info

Q.
Why are you not ranging the Apple Watch Series 3?
A.
O2 will not be ranging the Apple Watch Series 3 from launch but we continue to review our range of products and services to ensure that they meet the needs of our customers.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1666 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you
Message 1667 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's now almost the end of January 2018, 4 months after the launch of the Apple Watch 3.  Why are you not supporting this yet, and why have you not given a totally clear and unambiguous statement about whether you intend to do so and when ?  Just mumbling vague banalities about "we continue to review our products and services to ensure that they meet the needs of our customers" is a pretty poor & is simply a vague and meaningless fob-off.

I've been with O2 a LONG time & in no rush to go to EE, but if that's what it takes.....

Message 1668 of 1,685

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just accept it’s not going to happen anytime soon on o2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1669 of 1,685

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousYou might want to read this article. Scroll down to the section headed

Why Can't O2 Offer Apple Watch Data plans?

https://www.macworld.co.uk/news/apple/when-will-apple-watch-3-lte-come-o2-3664181/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1670 of 1,685