Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

alistair
  • 68 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Seems to have gone quiet in here recently - hopefully that means that we are all receiving our new iPhones?

Is anyone still waiting for theirs?

Alistair

Message 1651 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alistair wrote:

Seems to have gone quiet in here recently - hopefully that means that we are all receiving our new iPhones?

Is anyone still waiting for theirs?

Alistair

well... you say that ...

so probably!

But has anyone witnessed their X creping off the Qi Charger from Belkin?  if I lay mine flat on it's back - the coil charge is creating such miniscule vibrations that it slides slowly off the charger!!!

I have had to lay it face down (so now I can't just tap to see the battery level) - anyone else had this issue!?

Message 1652 of 1,685

Huntress
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous I have 2 of the Belkin chargers and haven’t seen any sliding. Really pleased with them and loving wireless charging at last with the iPhone X. Have you tried it on a different surface? Other than that could yours be faulty?

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 1653 of 1,685

alistair
  • 68 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Another Belkin charging pad owner here - and have never had the "vibration" problem. Mine seems to work fine -  I don't notice any vibration.

Alistair

Message 1654 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi does anyone know when / if  o2 open discount will be available on the iPhone X please.  Thank you 👍

Message 1655 of 1,685

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous O2 Open is usually available on the latest iPhones 4-6 months after release

https://www.o2.co.uk/open

The following devices are not eligible for O2 Open discounts:

• Samsung Galaxy S8
  • Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 8
  • iPhone 8
  • iPhone 8 Plus
  • Sony Xperia XA1
  • Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra
  • Sony Xperia XZ1
  • iPhone X 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1656 of 1,685

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We have no idea.
@Marjo might be able to find out or @Chris_K ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1657 of 1,685

RHillier
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have the same issue; I have purchased Apple watch series 3 from Currys unlocked to all networks. I have contacted O2 to get it activated .....to be told that O2 us not offering connection as yet. I am aware that watch will work fine withinnthe phone range but this is not the point, Otherwise i would of purchased cheeper watch option. We need O2 to offer this option because there is a reason why this type of watch i purchased and without doubt the rest of the customers do too.
Message 1658 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know when O2 will offer an Apple watch contract?  I have been with O2 for a long time and would prefer to stay with them rather than move to EE.

Message 1659 of 1,685

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous  so far there is no news of this happening. EE is the only network that offers contracts for the new Apple Watch

See a similar thread here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Apple-Watch-3/m-p/1093126/highlight/true#M141242

A recent article explaining why O2 isn't offering it yet https://www.macworld.co.uk/news/apple/when-will-apple-watch-3-lte-come-o2-3664181/

The only person who can give us up to date info is @Chris_K

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1660 of 1,685