Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

angeloedades
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I ordered iPhone X SG 256 GB on 8 November 2017 at 00:17

On 30 November 2017 at 13:46 - I got an email with the exact same contents as on 8 November 2017 at 00:17.

On 30 November 2017 at 15:11 - I got a tariff change email

I checked My O2 and the order is now showing as complete.

Checked with Live Chat and the first guy said this is a mistake, I should be getting it next week. Checked again via Live Chat with another operator who said my order was already delivered at the O2 store today.

No text at all at the moment to tell me to pick it up.

Message 1631 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous Hi, I ordered on 8th Nov and this evening I got text/email of tariff change. Just spoke with o2 and they said delivery was for 6th Dec then said my order had been dispatched then said it will be in store to collect tomorrow! I shall cross my fingers but not hold my breath!! Good luck with yours, hopefully you’ll hear soon as stock seems to be moving!
Message 1632 of 1,685

Julie79
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ordered the 256gb space gray on Saturday 25th got a email and text tonight saying it’s comimg tomorrow
Message 1633 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

EE have the exclusive.  BT own EE.

Message 1634 of 1,685

angeloedades
  • 37 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Still no pick up instruction, store saying there is nothing for me and 202 saying there is. I just want my phone because the tariff has changed, 202 lady said that it can be anywhere between tomorrow and a few days/weeks time. I thought tariff change means I my phone will be in my hands within 24-48 hours?
Message 1635 of 1,685

Huntress
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@angeloedades Have you received a text/e-mail from the pick up Store advising you it’s there. 202 will tell you it’s been dispatched to the Store but are unable to tell you when it will arrive there.

Had and a similar experience today, was receiving e-mails congratulating me on receiving my new phone even though I hadn’t received it!! The Store text/e-mailed be after lunch to say it had just arrived. It could be the courier delivering yours will deliver to the Store tomorrow or even Monday. 

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 1636 of 1,685

angeloedades
  • 37 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
nothing yet - hopefully today.

the phone is now back up to 2 weeks on the website.
Message 1637 of 1,685

Huntress
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@angeloedades Any update?

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 1638 of 1,685

alistair
  • 68 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@angeloedades

I was in the same position as you a couple of weeks ago - got confirmation on the Thursday evening, but due to my being a “click and collect” in store order, I couldn’t pick up my phone until the Monday as when I phoned the store to ask if my phone was there on the Saturday, I was told they didn’t get any deliveries over the weekend,  I finally got my email from the store to tell me my order was there on the Monday about 11am.

It will be worth the wait, however!

Message 1639 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

On Wednesday at 15:50 I put in an order to upgrade to an iphone x. I got all the emails saying about contract and that the phone would be with me the next day between 8am to 10pm. I would get a email saying that the phone has been dispatched so I took the day off work to get the phone but never got the dispatch email. When I ordered the phone your page had said that there was a iphone x in stock in the silver. That is why I got the silver now if i'm waiting for a phone I would of went for the black 

Message 1640 of 1,685