Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone who ordered around about the 7th November received theirs yet? O2 Live chat said I would receive it by the 1st December, but have since been told (after getting in touch with them) that this isn't the case - and they dont in fact know when people will be receiving orders - despite saying on the website that there is only a 1 week wait?

Would be good to hear if people with order dates similar to mine have started getting their phones.

Message 1621 of 1,685

Huntress
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous I ordered/upgraded to a SG 256gb on 12/11 for Click and Collect at Store. At the time of upgrading I was advised through the upgrade journey it would be up to 3 weeks so I would expect to get an e-mail/text notification any day now but sadly, knowing O2, that is unlikely to happen!

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 1622 of 1,685

angeloedades
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So delivery times have improved to "up to 1 week" - not sure how long for now but no communication at all yet from O2.

Message 1623 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ordered my on the 7th (online click and collect O2 refresh) and picked up my phone (64gb SG) last Monday (20th). I was told it would be ready by the end of this month so earlier than expected. Hopefully yours will be forfilled soon.
Message 1624 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jingleby,

I'm waiting on Silver 256gb

Ordered 30th of October, so far been told up to 4 weeks, 4+ weeks, at 2 weeks it's waiting for UK Mail you will receive it in 1-2 working days, to we have no dates of delivery, to, today all orders will be shipped out beginning of next week. That will make it 5 weeks!

If it really is first served first shipped, then it should be easy to give a 1-2 day delivery date.

O2 are incompetent in this area of delivery dates.

Have you received yours yet.

Anyone here who is still waiting on theirs who ordered on the 30th Oct or before?

Message 1625 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Huntress by the looks of it people who ordered on the 30th October are still waiting, so looks like ours are a fair way off! 😞

4 weeks from my order date would be the 5th Dec. When I asked, was given an update of the 1st Dec, which was subsequently retracted.

Message 1626 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ordered on the 4/11/17 SG X 256GB today received confirmation of tariff change. I live in Yorkshire so this area must have had a stock increase.
Message 1627 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

scratch that @Huntress! just got my email saying it'll be with me tomorrow.

I DID send a complaint through via Resolver earlier today, but perhaps that was a coincedance considering @Anonymous's also received one?

Anyways, hope people get theirs soon too!

Message 1628 of 1,685

Huntress
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous Also received a text and e-mail earlier advising my tariff had changed so hopefully will receive a text advising it’s ready to collect in store tomorrow. 

Hoping everyone still waiting get theirs soon. This has been another debacle of a pre-order event by O2. 

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 1629 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
iPhone X I’m waiting for it to be delivered was wondering how much longer it will be
Message 1630 of 1,685