Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

There are some loyalty rewards coming soon but I'm unable to divulge what they are.

Ve hav vays off makin' you talk, you know !.....valk this vay >>>>>>>>>>

@jonsie you are such a tease lol (Oh matron)

If I told you I would have to kill you and myself 😂😂

Message 1531 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ordered a 256GB SG iPhone X on 27/10 at 18:27 and have just been on webchat and been told that my order will be delivered tomorrow. Let’s wait and see...
Message 1532 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I ordered a 256GB SG iPhone X on 27/10 at 18:27 and have just been on webchat and been told that my order will be delivered tomorrow. Let’s wait and see...

I'm afraid Webchat / LiveChat have been known for giving that info out with no reality of it actually happening, indeed if you read back through here @Chris_K (O2 social media manager I believe) has stated they have no access to that kind of info - as and when its being delivered you'll get tariff change and email/text confirmation.

@Besides they'll be lots on here who will be majorally put out with O2 if a pre-order for a 256GB SG placed on 27.10 @ 6:27pm is delivered tomorrow and theirs isn't - myself included as my pre-order for that exact same phone was confirmed 9:32am on 27.10 and we're all still waiting too with no news at all on when they'll arrive.

Message 1533 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can vouch that web chat are full of 💩

It wont be delivered before you get the email confirmation and tariff update becaus ethose are done when the phone gets scanned out of warehouse I think. 

Message 1534 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@NathanKenneford wrote:
So people ordering the sg 256b from today will only wait two weeks but others who ordered on the pre order date have to wait significantly more. Doesn’t make any sense

That's not quite right Nathan... Long story short, people who order after you will receive their device after you, regardless of delivery estimates changing. As there was such a huge surge in orders on and around pre-order day, the ETA you were given is unlikely to change much, but as time has gone on, there's been less demand and better stock forecasts on the 256GB Space Grey - which is why estimates change.

I know you're frustrated but there's no conspiracy here... We're prioritising the oldest orders, by fulfiling them in the order they were made, as and when stock arrives. Remember this is the most advanded iPhone ever, and everyone in the world wants one, so we're working hard to fulfil everyone's orders as quickly as we can.

@iPhoneHunter wrote:

@Chris_K can you please explain why people are receiving there iPhone X 64gb Silver before me. I ordered in store, but people that have ordered after me online have already received the phone ether via click and collect or delivery.

If a 2 customers order the same variant at the same time, though 1 for delivery and 1 for click and collect, we'll always aim to deliver stock to stores customers and online customers on the same day, though sometimes one might get stock a day or two before the other - but it will generally be very close together.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1535 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
So can I complain then if I’ve been given false information?
Message 1536 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
They’ve also re-sent my order confirmation email after the webchat ended 🤔
Message 1537 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
They’ve also re-sent my order confirmation email after the webchat ended 🤔

You'll need screenshots / transcript of the webchat and the man above would be interested @Chris_K and if you do need to complain use Resolver.

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/o2-complaints

Message 1538 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Below is from a Facebook comment where O2 said "get the brand new iPhone X" Ridiculous! 

2.jpg

Message 1539 of 1,685

alistair
  • 68 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why do O2 even bother with Live Chat - the whole set-up seems to me to be a waste of both our (the loyal customers) time and theirs.

Hire a brick wall - then we can all speak to that. It does as much good.

Message 1540 of 1,685