Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Appleโ€™s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

alistair
  • 68 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was the same as you - (64GB Space Grey:upgrade) and when I collected my phone on Monday from the O2 store in town, despite it having a DPD tracking number, I noticed that when the assistant brought out the phone from the stockroom, it was in a UKMail package. I think that the DPD tracking might be for O2โ€™s use and the phone might be re-delivered by UK Mail to their stores?
Message 1511 of 1,685

Johnm251188
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Iโ€™ve now collected mine for the store. Tariff changed yesterday and order showing complete. If you have a collection reference when you ordered the store should text and email you when itโ€™s ready. If you donโ€™t have a collection reference call customer services. I called my store this morning to check. 5 minutes later I had the email/text and the store called me back to confirm. The DPD tracking wont work when you track. Best thing to do if youโ€™ve had traffic change and order is showing complete is to wait 24 hours then call the store and get them to check.
Message 1512 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
People ordering new from today should 100% be made to wait 6 weeks like the rest of us.
Message 1513 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
@NathanKenneford Why? Its not their fault that o2 is unable to fulfill orders on time. no need to advocate misery for others slight_smile
Message 1514 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got two weeks before my expected delivery date. Getting twitchy now every time I get a text or email! Hurry up!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Message 1515 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
SG 64GB is showing as delivery in 2-3 days for anyone thatโ€™s waiting for that model.
Message 1516 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that sort of annoys me haha! 

I just upgraded from my iPhone 8 Plus after paying off my device plan and I wasn't that bothered when it came to the colour so I picked the Silver in 64gb as my partner has that one and my iPhone 8 was in silver as well.

I picked the silver thinking that it's not in much demand cause my partner got his in 3 days through carphone warehouse, and now the silver is showing up to a week ahh.

It's such a pain, I've not received any news since and I've upgraded on the 19th. 

Let's hope they get more stock and fulfill everyones orders now, my partners is awesome and I wouldn't have upgraded from my 8 plus if I didn't get to see the X on a daily basis! 

Message 1517 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous You ordered it 3 days ago and worried about not hearing anything ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Message 1518 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just been on the phone to custmer services as I got a text saying my phone was dispatched, and also a tarrif change.

This morning I got a text saying "whoop" yo got you new phone enjoy.

I hadn't picked up my phone yet.

Called my click and collect store and they did not have the phone in store ๐Ÿ˜ž

Customer services called my store for me. behold, my phone is there and I should get a text in the next 15 minutes.

What a merry-go-round for a new phone !

Message 1519 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I already know aha. What I'm trying to say is that if I did order the space grey one, I probably would've been receiving it in the next 2-3 days. 

As I said, my partner ordered his last week and got it after two days. 

Message 1520 of 1,685