Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

alistair
  • 68 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was the same as you - (64GB Space Grey:upgrade) and when I collected my phone on Monday from the O2 store in town, despite it having a DPD tracking number, I noticed that when the assistant brought out the phone from the stockroom, it was in a UKMail package. I think that the DPD tracking might be for O2’s use and the phone might be re-delivered by UK Mail to their stores?
Message 1511 of 1,685

Johnm251188
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve now collected mine for the store. Tariff changed yesterday and order showing complete. If you have a collection reference when you ordered the store should text and email you when it’s ready. If you don’t have a collection reference call customer services. I called my store this morning to check. 5 minutes later I had the email/text and the store called me back to confirm. The DPD tracking wont work when you track. Best thing to do if you’ve had traffic change and order is showing complete is to wait 24 hours then call the store and get them to check.
Message 1512 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
People ordering new from today should 100% be made to wait 6 weeks like the rest of us.
Message 1513 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
@NathanKenneford Why? Its not their fault that o2 is unable to fulfill orders on time. no need to advocate misery for others slight_smile
Message 1514 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got two weeks before my expected delivery date. Getting twitchy now every time I get a text or email! Hurry up!!! 😂😂😂😂😂
Message 1515 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
SG 64GB is showing as delivery in 2-3 days for anyone that’s waiting for that model.
Message 1516 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that sort of annoys me haha! 

I just upgraded from my iPhone 8 Plus after paying off my device plan and I wasn't that bothered when it came to the colour so I picked the Silver in 64gb as my partner has that one and my iPhone 8 was in silver as well.

I picked the silver thinking that it's not in much demand cause my partner got his in 3 days through carphone warehouse, and now the silver is showing up to a week ahh.

It's such a pain, I've not received any news since and I've upgraded on the 19th. 

Let's hope they get more stock and fulfill everyones orders now, my partners is awesome and I wouldn't have upgraded from my 8 plus if I didn't get to see the X on a daily basis! 

Message 1517 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous You ordered it 3 days ago and worried about not hearing anything 😂 😂😂

Message 1518 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just been on the phone to custmer services as I got a text saying my phone was dispatched, and also a tarrif change.

This morning I got a text saying "whoop" yo got you new phone enjoy.

I hadn't picked up my phone yet.

Called my click and collect store and they did not have the phone in store 😞

Customer services called my store for me. behold, my phone is there and I should get a text in the next 15 minutes.

What a merry-go-round for a new phone !

Message 1519 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I already know aha. What I'm trying to say is that if I did order the space grey one, I probably would've been receiving it in the next 2-3 days. 

As I said, my partner ordered his last week and got it after two days. 

Message 1520 of 1,685