Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Naywa01 Hope i chose the right size now 🙁. I went for the 64GB because it was a cheaper option not because of the delivery. Obviously wasn’t aware of the delivery problems at the time of ordering. 

I had the 7+ 128gb previously and managed ok with that. 

Message 1451 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Naywa01 wrote:

@Chris_K Thanks Chris for the comprehensive and honest answers, it makes a refreshing difference.

By the way, when I mention being lied to its specifically in reference to comments from chat/CS such as "we've just got stock, you will get a text within 24 hours" which they then go on to promise is definitive. 

If you managed to save a copy of your chat transcript, it'd be great if you could PM this to me so I can get this fed back. If our live chat have given false hope and quoted dates other than those you had originally, I apologise - that shouldn't have happened. Our live chat team don't have access to our delivery schedules (only our supply chain get that sort of info). Live chat won't know when we receive stock from Apple, and how many devices.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1452 of 1,685

Naywa01
Level 3: Thinker
  • 46 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Chris_K Hi Chris, I've sent you a PM, unfortuantely I don't have the full transcript - just a screen grab of a relevant portion.

Message 1453 of 1,685

Naywa01
  • 46 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@mrsbaker1 Dont worry, I'm sure you'll be fine. I just download (rather than stream) music using Apple Music, so I can reliably play in the car and on trains/planes as I travel a fair amount and have a largeish library. Of course I also have photos, video and apps too!

Having said that I'm currently only using about 107GB of the 256GB on my iPhone 7+, but of course on the iPhone X you only get a choice of 64 or 256, so 256 it is slight_smile

Message 1454 of 1,685

Johnm251188
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've just had an email and text regarding tariff update. Does that mean I've been allocated iPhone stock? I've got a click and collect order? Will this be tomorrow now??
Message 1455 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Usually next day.
Message 1456 of 1,685

Johnm251188
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Cool thanks 😁
Message 1457 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris_K wrote:

@Naywa01 wrote:

@Chris_K Thanks Chris for the comprehensive and honest answers, it makes a refreshing difference.

By the way, when I mention being lied to its specifically in reference to comments from chat/CS such as "we've just got stock, you will get a text within 24 hours" which they then go on to promise is definitive. 

If you managed to save a copy of your chat transcript, it'd be great if you could PM this to me so I can get this fed back. If our live chat have given false hope and quoted dates other than those you had originally, I apologise - that shouldn't have happened. Our live chat team don't have access to our delivery schedules (only our supply chain get that sort of info). Live chat won't know when we receive stock from Apple, and how many devices.

@Chris_KI was given a reference nuber last week (by CS) noting wiht my delviery order time / date that I would be assured delivery last week (or if delayed this week) on a 256 SG - which clearly isnt the case; happy to PM you the order Number as since then I have had further contact with LC - how of course deny that anyone would make such a commitment via LC; - after a convesation with Prasad at LC I was referred to 'upgrades' who opted to save the transcript for me.

Appreciate this is draining; particularly as you appear to be the one person offering some sensible advice and feedback - but someone must get a grip of LC / CS.

Message 1458 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is accuarate EE have no exclusive regardless of what they want us to think. This is a technology issue with o2.

Get you finger out o2!!!!

Message 1459 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Absolutely.......I have been with this network before it became o2!!! I think change is coming.
Message 1460 of 1,685