Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Chris, thanks for taking the time to reply, even though it doesn't actual address what I asked, which in essence was how can it be that my O2 pre-order is likely to arrive after an Apple order I made 3weeks later?

The miss-information and general lack of consistency when dealing with the various elements of O2 (202, LiveChat, In Store and Complaints Review / Resolver) are what have made my mind up to leave O2 after almost 20yrs - NOT my pre-order failing to arrive but how the issues arising from that have subsequently been handled.

Lets face it for a communications company O2's comms to customers have been at best inconsistent and at worst verging on shambolic.

It's not what you want to hear, but we can't comment on Apple's own stock - all we can say with certainty is that everyones stock intake and frequency is likely to differ from one anothers. I'm sorry the issues encountered after pre-order have enforced your decision to leave. From my part, all I can advise is that the estimated delivery quoted at the time of order is what we're working towards - and I would advise anyone who has pre-ordered to please assume that they should receive their iPhone X in that time period, and not any different ones that may be given elsewhere.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1401 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris_K wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Chris, thanks for taking the time to reply, even though it doesn't actual address what I asked, which in essence was how can it be that my O2 pre-order is likely to arrive after an Apple order I made 3weeks later?

The miss-information and general lack of consistency when dealing with the various elements of O2 (202, LiveChat, In Store and Complaints Review / Resolver) are what have made my mind up to leave O2 after almost 20yrs - NOT my pre-order failing to arrive but how the issues arising from that have subsequently been handled.

Lets face it for a communications company O2's comms to customers have been at best inconsistent and at worst verging on shambolic.

From my part, all I can advise is that the estimated delivery quoted at the time of order is what we're working towards - and I would advise anyone who has pre-ordered to please assume that they should receive their iPhone X in that time period, and not any different ones that may be given elsewhere.

Thanks Chris, however in my case as has been confirmed by Complaints Review uploholding my complaint, the estimate given to me at time of ordering was collection on 3rd November NOT 6weeks, so we're not even close with that one.

At time of writing this there's no indication of when it will complete, hence my decision to order another one after 3weeks via Apple.

To be honest there has been zero attempt to retain me as a customer, which after almost 20yrs I find staggering - one can only assume that more people are joining than leaving.

Message 1402 of 1,685

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Only o2 will know that depends how your ordered it etc @Chris_K can you help 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 1403 of 1,685

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

If we were talking about pre-orders made at the same time, then maybe, but this is an O2 pre-order made 9:32am on 27th and a regular Apple order made 4pm on 16th Nov.

Think if Apple were going to be that restrictive they wouldn't allow any network to do pre-orders for launch and save that for themselves, then say give the networks the next allocation a month or more later.

Yes, but Apple would have given o2 a number of devices.

Once these sold out then they would be given a new allocation.

Depending on how many the other networks/retailers required, the sequence these were received and the number required on each it could very easily be that your order with Apple would be fulfilled before the one with o2.

From Apples point of view your sale with them represents cash. The order with o2 (depending on terms) may not be paid for until next year.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1404 of 1,685

Johnm251188
  • 21 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i was wondering the same thing. odered 64GB SG on 11/11 and wondering if i will receive by saturday this week?? lets hope so.

Message 1405 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can someone help me with this?? Says at the bottom that it will update once the iCloud install has finished. Why hasn’t it finished??9AA6AA30-F22F-4127-BD05-FEABE7BCB9D6.png

Message 1406 of 1,685

Naywa01
  • 46 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@mrsbaker1 looks like your icloud restore was interrupted when you were setting up the phone, this message is just a symptom of that. This can happen if you discconnected from wi-fi before the restore is finished.

You might notice that you have missing or 'greyed out' apps, missing photos etc and might also get some kind of lock screen or notification area message hinting at this

You should be able to cancel and restart the restore, but basically you will need to get this cleared up before you can get this update installed. The Apple help pages on their website are actually pretty good or failing that there are plenty of articles via Google about cancelling/restarting failed iCloud restores.

Message 1407 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good news! Just received my text and email that my order is ready for collection! Shame on you o2 for making this the most difficult order journey in history
Message 1408 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Naywa01  Thanks. I think I probably interrupted it as was leaving for work the night I set the phone up. 

Message 1409 of 1,685

Jay1999
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Finally got mine 78E1DE98-8476-4F0D-B09D-9A863800200B.jpeg

Message 1410 of 1,685