Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chris_K Please can you advise what the expected delivery of a SG 256 ordered at 10:00 on 27/10 is please. The chap I spoke to thought it would be 3/11 but I’ve not heard anything since? Is it mid December? Thanks 

At that time, the date quoted would have been 'More than 6 weeks' but a few hours later that day, our expected stock situation improved to effectively 'Up to 6 weeks', so I would expect you'll get a delivery update from us sometime near the start of December, likely w/c 4th.

Message 1391 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris_K

@Chris_K wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chris_K Please can you advise what the expected delivery of a SG 256 ordered at 10:00 on 27/10 is please. The chap I spoke to thought it would be 3/11 but I’ve not heard anything since? Is it mid December? Thanks 

At that time, the date quoted would have been 'More than 6 weeks' but a few hours later that day, our expected stock situation improved to effectively 'Up to 6 weeks', so I would expect you'll get a delivery update from us sometime near the start of December, likely w/c 4th.

@Anonymous I ordered 256GB SG @ 9:32am on 27.10 and at the time of order was showing as Click&Collect on 3rd, obviously that didn't happen, another Click&Collect customer on here has received his 256GB SG last week, his order was timed @9:30am on 27.10, I know you're not likely to have exact dates but does that mean my own pre-order won't arrive until beginning of December in store?

I ask that as I bit the bullet and paid in full from Apple the same phone on Thursday last week (16th Nov), that has a delivery date of 1-7th Dec, so it could conceivable arrive before my O2 pre-order made almost 3 weeks earlier, which is staggering irrespective of demand for this phone - as beggars why one would bother to pre-order at all really???

Message 1392 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

nic_gun wrote:

Chris I ordered 256GB SG @ 9:32am on 27.10 and at the time of order was showing as Click&Collect on 3rd, obviously that didn't happen, another Click&Collect customer on here has received his 256GB SG last week, his order was timed @9:30am on 27.10, I know you're not likely to have exact dates but does that mean my own pre-order won't arrive until beginning of December in store?

I ask that as I bit the bullet and paid in full from Apple the same phone on Thursday last week (16th Nov), that has a delivery date of 1-7th Dec, so it could conceivable arrive before my O2 pre-order made almost 3 weeks earlier, which is staggering irrespective of demand for this phone - as beggars why one would bother to pre-order at all really???

At both those times on 27th Oct the delivery estimate quoted should have been 'Up to 6 weeks'. I understand the frustration but we're unable to look into specifics around why someone may have received theirs before yourself - in general this shouldn't be happening, however, as our supply chain are fulfilling orders in the order they're received.

On the subject of pre-ordering, to my knowledge nobody has free-flowing stock of any iPhone X variant so pre-ordering just means you'd get yours before someone who orders after launch day - pre-ordering unfortunately doesn't guarantee launch day delivery due to short supply and huge demand.

Message 1393 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chris,

@Chris_K wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous I ordered 256GB SG @ 9:32am on 27.10 and at the time of order was showing as Click&Collect on 3rd, obviously that didn't happen, another Click&Collect customer on here has received his 256GB SG last week, his order was timed @9:30am on 27.10, I know you're not likely to have exact dates but does that mean my own pre-order won't arrive until beginning of December in store?

At both those times on 27th Oct the delivery estimate quoted should have been 'Up to 6 weeks'. I understand the frustration but we're unable to look into specifics around why someone may have received theirs before yourself - in general this shouldn't be happening, however, as our supply chain are fulfilling orders in the order they're received.

On the subject of pre-ordering, to my knowledge nobody has free-flowing stock of any iPhone X variant so pre-ordering just means you'd get yours before someone who orders after launch day - pre-ordering unfortunately doesn't guarantee launch day delivery due to short supply and huge demand.

Chris, thanks for taking the time to reply, even though it doesn't actual address what I asked, which in essence was how can it be that my O2 pre-order is likely to arrive after an Apple order I made 3weeks later?

The miss-information and general lack of consistency when dealing with the various elements of O2 (202, LiveChat, In Store and Complaints Review / Resolver) are what have made my mind up to leave O2 after almost 20yrs - NOT my pre-order failing to arrive but how the issues arising from that have subsequently been handled.

Lets face it for a communications company O2's comms to customers have been at best inconsistent and at worst verging on shambolic.

Message 1394 of 1,685

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Chris, thanks for taking the time to reply, even though it doesn't actual address what I asked, which in essence was how can it be that my O2 pre-order is likely to arrive after an Apple order I made 3weeks later?

Without being privy to how Apple distribute their products, I would guess that they are protecting their own sales.

Why would they supply a 3rd party before fulfiling all of their own orders?

Or maybe I am just being cynical...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1395 of 1,685

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Lets face it for a communications company O2's comms to customers have been at best inconsistent and at worst verging on shambolic.

Nothing new there then !.......search back on this Community over the recent years and you'll find the same complaint......and not just for iPhone launches.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 1396 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I was just going to ask this on the chat but it hasn't been available for ages so figured I'd try my luck here... I pre-ordered the iPhone X last week and had to pay a deposit of £49.99 for it. It wasn't explained in great detail so I just want to check that the money I paid for that will either be refunded or if any upfront payment I need to make for the device can be deducted from this deposit that I already paid?

Message 1397 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gmarkj wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Without being privy to how Apple distribute their products, I would guess that they are protecting their own sales.

Why would they supply a 3rd party before fulfiling all of their own orders?

Or maybe I am just being cynical...

If we were talking about pre-orders made at the same time, then maybe, but this is an O2 pre-order made 9:32am on 27th and a regular Apple order made 4pm on 16th Nov.

Think if Apple were going to be that restrictive they wouldn't allow any network to do pre-orders for launch and save that for themselves, then say give the networks the next allocation a month or more later.

Message 1398 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nothing new there then !.......search back on this Community over the recent years and you'll find the same complaint......and not just for iPhone launches.

Yeah maybe I've just been extremely lucky over the last 19+yrs with them, but seems their customer service standards have fallen rather sharply, hey ho - no more contract phone for me and a sim only deal incoming.

Message 1399 of 1,685

WiggyG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Chris_K Just a quick one i ordered 10/11, it was up to 2 weeks delivery, spoke to an online chat and they assured me it will be up to 2 weeks. Is this correct, that I should be receiving the phone by this Friday?

Message 1400 of 1,685