Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable

Again just nosing In on a similar thread over at EE and at least the staff there actually comment and try to help, a recent post has just informed their customers that their warehouse has been open all weekend sorting out orders ready for despatch, o2 could really take a leaf out of their book and at least come in here and try to ease people’s frustration’s with updates but they won’t.
I’m going to see out my iPhone x contract with o2 and if nothing improves with the customer service in that time I’ll be saying bye bye.

Message 1381 of 1,685

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Anonymous when the phone is despatched you will receive an email from O2 with delivery details. As you haven't received the email I would contact O2
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus.

It could be the iPhoneX is out of stock and O2 are waiting for delivery of more. Customer Services will be able to provide more information.

Good luck and I hope you get your new phone soon.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1382 of 1,685

WiggyG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It is true, EE have people letting customers know what is happening which is nice

Message 1383 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

So the other day I asked whether If I paid off my iPhone 8 Plus contract in full, which was 11 months of device plan, I'd be able to upgrade to the iPhone X without a credit check.

I have had two missed payments where I was late, and I was very worried.

However I have just paid off the full device plan and went through the upgrade and I'm happy to say that it went through with no issues! 

I've had no credit checks, my iPhone 8 plus is paid off and I now am waiting on my iPhone X! 

I can only hope that it won't take too long! 

Message 1384 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

As others have suggested, take a peruse at the EE community with a similiar thread.

Whats suprising is that EE have the largest amount of pre-orders for the iphone x, and seem to be delivering 256GB SG Iphone X to people who ordered on the 2nd of November. 

I pre-ordered on the 31st, have had no communication from O2 whatsoever since the initial order email, not even a delay apology, LC and CS both giving different answers about estimated delivery dates. I have been a loyal customer of O2 for the past 10 years, and BT cellnet before that and whatever else it was called...On the EE community there is a lot of response from EE representatives updating people about deliveries that had come in and just restoring peace.

I'm honestly considering, next year transferring over. On one of the chats, I was promised delivery by tomorrow. As no tracking info sent or tarriff change, my guess is this isn't happening. Onto resolver and CS complaints I'll be.

Curious how many people have received the 256 SG now?

Message 1385 of 1,685

Iharris85
  • 21 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The o2 complaints team are unable to progress the order any faster and they are unlikely to uphold your complaint as the delivery of the phone due to stock issues is beyond their control. That was the blurb I got from them, your complaint via resolver will not be looked into until about a week after you’ve raised, and by then you’re prob gonna have your phone delivered o2 are likely to offer you monetary compensation for the delay. from a value of between £40-£70 I was offered £50 then additional of £34 to cover 1 month of line rental / airtime so in total I got £84.00 as a bill credit, plus you’re still gonna get the airtime credit for the delay in the delivery of you phone but I am yet to see that yet prob because I’ve not collected my phone from the store, I collect it tomorrow hopefully!

My journey with o2.
- ordered the phone on 4th nov (64 SG)
- called to check on delivery was told 2nd dec
- live chat and CS giving false info
- resolver complaint (Not upheld) but was offered £50 credit to my account
- email and text saying tariff change and phone is ready to collect
- went to store today had to wait 30 mins, was told to remove icloud and reset phone. Then told my order hasn’t arrived!
- called CS who offered £34 and promissed my phone will be in store tomorrow (Monday 20th Nov)

Message 1386 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Iharris85 so you got quite a lot considering you were given an expected date of delivery of 2nd December and you ordered after the preorder and launch day.

Why did you complain already when it wasn’t due for delivery until 2nd December? 

Message 1387 of 1,685

Iharris85
  • 21 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was promised the date of delivery has be brought forward by live Chat and CS as they has progressed ordered quicker than they had expected. I don’tike being lied to or fobbed off hence why I complained I have been an o2 customer starting with pay n go when it was first called cellnet since the late 90’s early 00’s when I got my first mobile still with the same phone number 15+ years later, I’ve never had a problem with o2 ever! But as I said I hate being lied to
Message 1388 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Huntress wrote:

@Iharris85 wrote:
Oh she also told me not to believe anything I read in the furom as people do give out miss information. I asked if o2 monitor or police the furom her response was no o2 don’t monitor the forums!

@Iharris85 I don't think that is strictly true!  @Chris_K, can you comment please?

My apologies for the delay - I wasn't around last week. As you know, that's not true. We monitor the forums constantly and Martin, Marjo & Mercedes are always around when you need them slight_smile

On the subject of stock/delivery, there are no meaningful bulk updates we can provide that will give you any further clarity. When you order an iPhone X with us you will be provided with a delivery or collection estimate, which we're working towards to fulfil within that period, or better. As soon as there's an update on your individual order, we will notify you to let you know.

"their warehouse has been open all weekend sorting out orders ready for despatch"

Our warehouses are open constantly too - as we suspect every other network is, especially when we offer next day delivery on in-stock devices. This info doesn't help you with your individual orders, though. The iPhone X is quite possibly the most in demand phone ever made - we need to wait for stock to be received from Apple, and then our supply chain will fulfil them in the order they were made <- until your individual order gets to this stage, there are no real meaningful updates we can give.

For others who've asked about O2 Open, the iPhone X isn't available on this yet but if or when that changes, we'll let you know.

@Iharris85 - going from the order date you mentioned in a previous comment, the estimated delivery would have been up to 4 weeks. If you've been told 2nd December then this does sound about right and this isn't a date that our CS or live chat can bring forward, so I'm sorry you were led to believe otherwise. If there are improvements on your ETA, you'll be notified via SMS/email.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1389 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris_K Please can you advise what the expected delivery of a SG 256 ordered at 10:00 on 27/10 is please. The chap I spoke to thought it would be 3/11 but I’ve not heard anything since? Is it mid December? Thanks 

Message 1390 of 1,685