Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

WiggyG
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ordered mine SG 64GB 10/11 no news yet, but dont really expect any at the moment. When ordered the date was up to 2 weeks, so guessing I should be getting mine around next friday. Spoke to chat to see if it could be anymore later than that and they reassured me I would receive it by then. 

End of the day the stock is down to apple, but i would rather them tell people it could be 4 weeks rather than saying 2 weeks then extending it, setting peoples expectations is key in customer service

Message 1361 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh - and the indignity that if you 'regular' order now - you can have your phone (I ordered 3 weeks ago ) in the same time - 3 weeks from now - RAGING!

I'm trying to take the pragmatic view on things, in that its not a matter of life or death or even anything other than an expensive gadget we are talking about, but yes the service we've received is poor to say the least.

@I really wouldn't believe anything the O2 online order system is saying re. delivery of orders placed now, there's no way they would process orders in that way, going on the delayed pre-orders from 27th Oct that have been arriving (info gleaned from here) the last confirmed received delivery of what I pre-ordered (256GB SG) was yesterday, that lucky recipients pre-order was placed @ 9:30am 27th Oct - my own order is confirmed @ 9:32am, so theoretically I should be in line for mine within the next stock of 256GB SG arriving with O2.

When that will be who knows, my guess is maybe next week, but could be the week after, irrespective I've already stumped up a further £1149 to Apple just to be on the safeside, that one will arrive 1st-7th Dec, whichever phone arrives first I'll use and then a certain auction site will be where the other is heading.

My O2 account will most definitely be getting switched to another network though.

Message 1362 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do believe there will undoubtedly be a mass migration to a vendor that can fulfill customers requirements; myself included when my contracts end - 2 in 7 months and this one as soon as I can 

Message 1363 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Come on guys, common sense here please?

Who do think is at fault here? O2's or Apple's?

Apple holds all the cards. They are the stock holders who release stock to the mobile phone providers.

Why is it that Apple have a 2-3 week wait for the 256GB iPhone X and we have to wait 4-6 weeks?

Message 1364 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous Wouldn’t be telling these guys how to use common sense. They’re already irate and rightly so. They’ve been on an appalling ride from O2, myself included! 

People here already know the stock issue is down to Apple. The annoyance comes from O2’s appalling customer service and conflicting information. 

I imagine its it’s obvious that apple would get stock first and retain it for their customers that ordered through them. Other companies like O2 will play second fiddle to Apple and wait longer. 

Message 1365 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently both Apple and o2 are saying a 3 week wait for the 256 SG on their sites, the difference is with Apple you will get the phone in the stated time, with o2 no one knows if they will get the phone in that time or not because of the conflicting info they give out, one minute your told it will be 6 weeks the next your told you will get it in 48hrs and this is what is getting customers irate not because of the wait time, all people want is solid information but at the moment o2 think its ok to keep people in the dark.

Message 1366 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

i hold o2 live chat responsible for the majority of the whole headaches, and i dont come here to bug anybody through what i say as im still in the same sinking boat as most others with our orders not delivered but me as well as others when we put our orders in, we seen how long the estimates was so in ways we cant really blame o2..... but.....

live chat has played a very big part in making the situations a million times worse for the way they have handled the whole pre order situations. live chat seem to have just told people what they want to hear just to make their life easier when in reality they are making their own life harder because there is going to be so many complaints put in against them. but not all of the live chat have been so bad, theres been an honest few who i feel sorry for.

Message 1367 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m honestly kicking myself for upgrading to this iPhone. It’s not that great.
Message 1368 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous why, what phone have you come from and what are the things you dont like about the iphone x?
Message 1369 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous  I’m still trying to work out what is so special about it. Give me a clue? From what I can see the camera and video quality aren’t that different-maybe the colours have more depth with the IPx, the swipe up and across and Face ID are an added bit of finger work, definitely nothing special. I’m just not seeing what others are? What am I missing?? 

I had the 7+. I really hate how small the IPx is. I saw it in pictures and didn’t think much of the size difference because I was led to believe the actual screen size is the same and apple just cut out all the edges from other models. It. Is. Not. 

It’s the newest phone but I’ve definitely downgraded. Definitely not worth the wait or the price bracket of £1k+ 

Keyboard also feels much smaller and the writing is skinny and small (I’m actually squinting and I don’t wear specs). Not only is it too small for me it’s narrow so it’s lost width. 

Message 1370 of 1,685