Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Huntress
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@mrsbaker1 Thank you for getting back to me, that’s very kind innocent

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 1351 of 1,685

Huntress
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@mrsbaker1 That’s my worry too. I love the + size but I’ve played around with the X in the Apple store and think I can adapt. If they bring out an X+ next year though I would be very tempted to upgrade again!

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 1352 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Huntress
Apologies for the delay. God only knows. Judging by some of the replies as our model is less in demand they're getting pushed through quicker.
Ever the optimist me 😂
Message 1353 of 1,685

Huntress
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous Patience is a virtue........ I’m happy to wait and it’ll arrive when it arrives grin

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 1354 of 1,685

Jay1999
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@NathanKenneford I ordered 256GB silver and I did complain but I was told by the person who was dealing with my case told me 4 weeks and that was his update so then I said at least I have a ideal when I would get fast forward to 6 ish was in the front room on my iMac then I thought check my emails and that’s when I got told my order was complete I don’t think complaining acutely works but if I was you try it

@mrsbaker1 yes! Apple do Belkin screen protector’s and they fit them here’s the links for them

glass screen protector belkin is £29.95 https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/HLR12ZM/A/belkin-invisiglass-ultra-screen-protection-for-iphon...

Belkin Anti-Glare Screen Protection £19.95 https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/HLR22ZM/A/belkin-anti-glare-screen-protection-for-iphone-x?fno...

Message 1355 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’m sure O2 must have a facility to display on a webpage their stock of model numbers, dates of orders being fulfilled and expected new stock delivery. For example:
Space Grey 64gb - in stock - working on orders placed 28th - new stock delivery expected on 21st.
It would get rid of the majority of questions they receive of people just wanting an update
Message 1356 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous yes you would like to think that such a massive company like o2 would portray themselves in that type of professional manner but unfortunately they don’t seem to give a toss as long as they’ve got your money.

Message 1357 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m sure O2 must have a facility to display on a webpage their stock of model numbers, dates of orders being fulfilled and expected new stock delivery. For example:
Space Grey 64gb - in stock - working on orders placed 28th - new stock delivery expected on 21st.
It would get rid of the majority of questions they receive of people just wanting an update

I'm pretty sure they could but they appear not to want to, sadly, having spoken to the highest level of complaint review escalation manager about exactly that (O2's inability to be consistent, transparent and straight-forward in the stock arriving which would help manage people's expectation of delivery - she told me this...

"That they don't have numbers on screen of the exact quantity of units or specification that is arriving, they only know once its arrived at their depot and has been processed, then and only then do they know how many 64/256GB and how many Silver/Space Grey phones they have to dispatch" which I find myself struggling to believe frankly, how could any company hope to fulfil specific orders to customers when they haven't a scooby do as to exactly whats arriving and when its coming in.

Contrast that to Apple (who are the O2 supplier after all) who I ordered another Space Grey 256GB X on Thursday from, as have rather lost faith in the way O2 have handled this, and I have a delivery date in place of 1st-7th Decemeber.

Personally I'd have no issue at all in waiting if at the time of placing the pre-order it stated that, however when I placed my pre-order (9:32am 27th Oct) it showed as Click&Collect 3rd Nov, the mis/disinformation from the various departments of O2 ever since then merely make the situation worse and erodes any confidence in O2 - who I've been with almost 20yrs in my case.

Hey ho, lets face it there's much worse things we could be worrying about dealing with eh dizzy

Message 1358 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous @Anonymous When I got either the 4 or the 5 I used to check local O2 store stock daily online, when stock was in I went down and bought one. Simple. They can make their own lives so much easier. I don’t expect mine sooner than they estimated because I acccepted that date when I ordered, but naturally we are all excited to get our new devices and just a little info would keep the majority of us happy!
Message 1359 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am at my wits end with O2.

Ghastly - non-existent empathy for the plight of those they so greedily took money from without being able to satisfy pre-order demand.  When my order journey told me three weeks; I thought OK - I might get lucky and this might come in actually sooner rather than later, but after having been on live chat three times I am now meant to believe that they are out of stock, have no foresight of when it is coming and my pre-order will not be fulfilled until at least 3 weeks from now.  There are no moderators with the ability to provide accurate feedback or help us understand why this is so dire. 

I want to Eff and Blind - and quite F'g rightly so - this is pathetic; amplified by their own stupidity O2 have failed on every tenant of 'customer service and satisfaction. Even their internal systems are so screwed when I asked to be put through to 'Leave O2' the incompetent Prasad put me through to Upgrades.O2 in-store assistance is not much help either - spouting the requirement to disburse yet another £50.00 on a order with them - with no sight of when they also might be able to fulfil the order. 

It is pathetic, tiresome and mentally draining dealing with the ineptitude of O2 Staff when you pre-order a product that you can simply go buy elsewhere now routine ordering is available if you can locate the stock (and it is out there) - Pre-Order by it's very nature is to secure the first products available from the vendor stock - and when you are given a delivery date you F;g well expect it to be fulfilled - instead here we all are (those left waiting after having placed pre-orders) for something O2 (bunch of disingenuous c's) are unable to forecast delivery for - but have our money.it is F'g disgraceful.

Oh - and the indignity that if you 'regular' order now - you can have your phone (I ordered 3 weeks ago ) in the same time - 3 weeks from now - RAGING!

Message 1360 of 1,685