Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Jay1999
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did preorder on the 28th and I know exactly how you’re feeling 

Message 1311 of 1,685

Huntress
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous Same as you, ordered the 256gb SG last Sunday on the yearly upgrade programme. Not sure I’ll see it this side of Christmas though frowning2

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 1312 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just told by, surprise surprise, live chat that my order has moved to fullfilled  and i should receive it by monday, i told them thats strange as earlier today when i spoke to live chat i was told it was out of stock so how is this possible and they said i have placed your order right away, i also told them i will save the chat transcript as proof and they gave some kind of chat id.

but.......the funny thing what makes me suspicious is i just received an email and it was...... the same old crap they have been sneding to just say its being processed! i dont understand how o2 are actually allowing live chat to do this to go on, its going to cost them more money through complaints in the end and they will lose customers because of the whole way they are handled.

so all i can say to people really is, good luck.

Message 1313 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Maybe they’re still struggling for stock on the 256gb? The 64gb seems to be on the move now. 

If its any help help when I spoke to live chat yesterday at 10am they told me it was up to 2 weeks. I got the email and updated tariff at 8pm yesterday. So pay no attention to live chat. 

Mine is 64gb SG. I got it this morning at 11am. 

Message 1314 of 1,685

Huntress
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@mrsbaker1 Good to hear you finally got yours. Enjoy slight_smile

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 1315 of 1,685

Jay1999
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Mine is getting delivered on Monday so excited 😁
Message 1316 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just trying to work out how to use Face ID with NatWest app 🤷🏼‍♀️  So far the app just closes. May have to install it again. 

Excellent news @Jay1999

Message 1317 of 1,685

Huntress
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@mrsbaker1 I will also need to use the NatWest app when mine arrives! It could be that the app needs updating and I imagine NatWest are working on that!

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 1318 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I've just taken out a contract for the iPhone 8 Plus when it come out two months ago.

however my partner just got the X and I fell in love with it! 

I'm looking to upgrade however I've got a couple of questions and I'm hoping someone can help.

I am looking to pay off the remaining bill which is £600, I have also put down a deposit for the phone of £230 when i took out the contract.

However I have been late twice with my bill due to my job not paying me on time.

I just want to know whether I would be fine to upgrade if I paid off the device in full, and how likely is it to be accepted? 

I'm not sure if there are further credit checks, and would paying off the device in full help me get accepted for the upgrade? 

Hope this makes sense, as If I didn't get accepted I wouldn't want to just pay off my entire bill if you get me! 

Message 1319 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got my order confirmation tonight! I ordered on 2nd Nov, 64gb SG. Delivery is set for Monday.
Message 1320 of 1,685