Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Jay1999
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I pre-ordered on the 28th October was told 4 weeks 

Message 1261 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Jay1999 They seem to have limited stock of other units. The 256gb has been the most popular so they may not have stock of that one.

Message 1262 of 1,685

Jay1999
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeh true I’m just not happy with the service I have had with o2 

Message 1263 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jay1999 I know it's frustrating, but if you were told 4 weeks, then my suggestion would be, if you havent received it by 28th then make a formal complaint.

Everyone seems to be in the same boat, and my understanding is that most people have got them before the stated time. I'm keeping fingers crossed and it's been good reading that people have started to receive their phones.

I think O2 and Apple have no idea when the stock is coming in, but the main problem is, where they have both given a bit of false hope to their customers. I think from the start they should just have said, you'll get it by Christmas, maybe sooner, we will be in touch, and thats just the price you'll pay (on top of the 1100) for wanting the latest phone from apple on release day.

Hopefully we will all start getting them soon though, the good news is @Jay1999 that people that ordered the day before you are starting to get them, so with a bit of luck, you shouldnt have to wait much longer...I ordered on 31st so I'm waiting for those people to start piping up joy

Message 1264 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Jay1999 Put a complaint in. 

Message 1265 of 1,685

Jay1999
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What’s a complaint gonna do I know your all trying to help but you read the transcripts and phone calls I been on you wouldn’t be happy with what there saying it’s so confusing when you get told something on the phone and then it’s not true If they said something like mid December I would be ok as I have a clue what’s going on but it’s been 3 weeks and no emails nothing just bs and lies 

Message 1266 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

you are not alone with that.

Many people have had success with complaining, and atleast managed to get 20/50 quid off their bill. 

So definitely think its worth doing. I'm giving mine until the 21st like they advised and then doing exactly the same.

If it so happens that they are expediting the complaints then all the more reason to do it slight_smile

Message 1267 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

i pre ordered 256gb space grey on 27th october with a 6 week expectancy.

after the live chat messing up big time saying id receive it within 3 weeks when really i knew i wouldnt i put a complaint in and received £50 as a sorry which i think was fair as id really had in mind december delivery.

the only response ive had from o2 about my order was on the day i pre ordered which just said about the order being processed and id hear from them when my order is dispatched so if it comes before 8th dec ill be happy, if it comes after the 8th thats when ill put in a further complaint but till then i cant really get angry because i ordered knowing it was a 6 week wait slight_smile

time seems to be going soo slow now ive got all my cases and screen protectors and car wireless chargers lol they keep screaming at me reminding me they are there tongue

Message 1268 of 1,685

Jay1999
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeh true I might consider it

Message 1269 of 1,685

KingKojo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Tariff change email received, tracking details now on myo2 (click and collect upgrade order) -

256 SG ordered on 27/10 @ 08:50

Expect to pick up on sometime later today. Until next year people...
Message 1270 of 1,685