Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Huntress
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous Not yet, but in fairness I didn't order the 256gb SG until 12/11 as I'm on the yearly upgrade progamme and it wasn't due until then!

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 1211 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I ordered a SG 64GB on the 2nd. Was given the 23rd for collection date but not sure if click and collect orders are less likely to be fulfilled on time or not. Wondered if anyone had issues. Only a week to wait I suppose.
Message 1212 of 1,685

Huntress
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous Hopefully you'll receive notification soon.  Fingers crossed for you.

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 1213 of 1,685

Iharris85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I ordered mine on the 4th November @8pm space grey 64GB on the yearly upgrade with an estimated delivery of 2nd December to collect in store.

The thing that has pi*sed my off is that a colleague of mine ordered his on the 5th and he has his phone space grey 64GB.

I have been on the phone and live chat but each time I have conversations with o2 I am told.

There new stock due tomorrow and your is one of them.... yea ok!

I’m still waiting in hope it comes quicker then the estimate
Message 1214 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I pre-ordered a 256GB Space Grey for Click and Collect confirmed order time of 9:32am on 27th Oct, supposed to have been ready on launch day of 3rd Nov -  and still nothing yet, the 64GB and Silver stock fulfillment is easier than the more in demand 256GB Space Grey it would seem...

I've addtionally now just ordered and paid in full (£1149 -ouch) direct via Apple for another 256GB SG and have a delivery date of  1-7th December, so lets see which turns up first astonished

Message 1215 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just spent a delightful 1.5 hours on chat, starting with Ray and then on to the floor manager Roku..who has been worse that useless. waffle, lies and avoidance of straight forward questions..

It now appears that the promise of my phone arriving this week was total BS...they are now telling me another 4 weeks... which makes it 7 weeks in total.

So tempted to switch to Vodafone, but hearing horror stories about their customer service too.

Telco Ombudsman seriously need to take some action against o2

Message 1216 of 1,685

Iharris85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I used to work for Vodafone I would avoid them at all cost!
Message 1217 of 1,685

Huntress
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Iharris85 I would avoid Live Chat at all cost.  They give unreliable, misleading and incorrect information.  CS are probably a better route however, from the comments in this thread they haven't been a great support in terms of reliable information.

The O2 website currently states 'up to 2 weeks' for a 64gb SG so you should be receiving notification very soon I imagine.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 1218 of 1,685

Huntress
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous  This happens every year sadly.  The lack of reliable information is absurd.  I accept they are reliant on Apple fulfilling their stock requirements but even so it doesn't take a genius  to ensure everyone i.e. CS, Live Chat etc give the same message with regards to stock, allocation and expected delivery. 

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 1219 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried LC once and you can tell their just reading from a script or making it up as they go along, don’t believe a word they say.
If you have a nose in on the EE and Vodafone community it’s exactly the same situation mislead info, customers not knowing what’s going on and people ordering later then others but receiving their phones first.
Unless your willing to part with £1000+ straight away with Apple and more or less guaranteed to have the phone in 2-3 weeks then it’s just a case of wait and see because o2 really ain’t likely to do anything to shed some proper light on this.
Message 1220 of 1,685