Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if @Jay1999 got his phone 

Message 1161 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so I have been lurking on here the past few days.

I ordered my iPhone X 256gb Silver on 31st October (So not as early as some of you, I admit). I knew from the begining that it had an up to 4 weeks delivery time on there, but as I saw more stock etc was coming in, I decided to ask live chat if they had an update for me.

Well, I was shocked to hear my phone would be delivered today and that there was a note on the account! 

So of course, it didn't and I went back on live chat.

Long story short, I have so far been told that my phone will arrive tomorrow, within 2 weeks, within 4 weeks and more than 4 weeks.

I am not angry about the wait, as I was told this up front, but yet again, such poor customer service from O2. I have 5 contracts with them for all of my family and I will be seeking to move to another when the contracts end.

Message 1162 of 1,685

Jay1999
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not had anything yet but did phone up more stock coming in tomorrow I think they where telling me what I wanted to here but like I said keep you updated i’ve Just been very busy today sorry for not updating you guys 

Message 1163 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ordered 64gb SG on 2nd Nov.

I called customer services tonight and was told that my phone would arrive “between 3 to 6 weeks”

So I went straight on to web chat and was advised that they’re getting new stock on the 16th and that I should be getting one of that batch.

Seems like they don’t have a clue tbh.
Message 1164 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I ordered my 64 SG X on pre-order day, I took a new contract out and everytime I have logged in to the account it has said, no products in this account. Tonight, it’s showing my new phone number and all other account info. Does this mean anything or have I got my hopes up for nothing? I ordered click and collect not sure if that’s relevant though. Thanks in advance.
Message 1165 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous see this exactly what is annoying me, the model you ordered says delivered in up to 3 weeks yet customer service are saying it could be as long as 6, you speak to someone different and then you get told you’ll get it even sooner.
We all know that Apple are short of supply and we can’t blame o2 for that but if apple on there own site can give accurate wait times then why can’t o2? Surely o2 must be in constant contact with Apple who will give o2 the same accurate wait times on supply of stock and how much and then pass this information on to us? All we want is some solid information instead of keep being mislead is that a lot to ask from a paying customer? The way o2 have handled this launch is a shambles!
Message 1166 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally managed to track my order and it’s been dispatched today 🎉 hope you all get yours soon!
Message 1167 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apparently mine is being despatched.... got the tariff change and a text from the complaints service confirming the same. Ordered 27/10 SG 64GB
Message 1168 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have been an O2 customer for 10+ years and have been lied  to 4 times during the last week by O2 CS and live chat, so decided to contact resolver who forwarded my complait to O2 and tonight received a tariff change text and email confirming the dispatch of my SG 256g which I preordered on 27/10/11 😋 Should never have come to making an official complaint... O2, look after those who look after you!!! 

Message 1169 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous I doubt it’s got anything to do with the complaint you made. They can’t send out stock they don’t have. They would have had hundreds of unhappy customers making complaints, just because there’s a complaint it shouldn’t push others back. Not that yours would because you ordered on 27th. 

It seems that the ones that ordered on 27th have been getting the delivery confirmations and tariff updates all day today. So I’d say it was a coincidence. 

At least things are moving in the right direction. 

Message 1170 of 1,685