Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous

No idea but based on this thread it’s a couple of weeks. I ordered on 29th and still waiting. 

Message 1141 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh, ok. Thanks for the update. I don't mind a bit of a wait as long as there is an expected delivery date, but I don't want to be kept in the dark waiting with no idea when it will arrive.
Message 1142 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous

Well I ordered 18 days ago and still waiting so I’d say you’ve got a wait for sure. Haven’t been given an expected delivery date either. So in the dark. 

Message 1143 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, if I don't receive the phone by Xmas, then I will be requesting a refund of the upfront cost to be returned to me and I will go elsewhere, regardless of how long I have been with O2.
Message 1144 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
If this is any consolation to anyone. I jumped onto EE page last night where they have a similar community thread going. But 224 pages long...Not sure if that means there's more EE customers or more angry people 😂

I thought you might have heard something by now @mrsbaker1
Message 1145 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone any problems with the new Iphone X

Message 1146 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

As has been discussed sadly there's a major shortage of X with Apple themselves, that doesn't excuse the poor way pre-orders and subsequent delays are handled by networks though.

Having had my own complaint escalated and upheld, (ordered early on 27th Oct for collection on 3rd Nov - O2 admit they have failed) it comes as no surprise that people have no idea whats going on with their pre-orders.

I dont trust EE saying 14-21days delivery currently, nor Vodafones or Sky or whoevers estimate either, if Apple have very little stock themselves then the networks are certainly in a worse position.

I would put some credibilty to ordering with Apple themselves as to their delivery estimate, so I'm about to pull the trigger and pay upfront with Apple for what I ordered with O2 @ 9:30am on 27th Oct (256GB Space Grey) its showing in Apple's online ordering system as I'm putting in payment details as delivery between 6th-13th December, so 23-30days from today direct from Apple.

I'm not cancelling my upgrade order with O2 yet, just on the remote off chance it arrives before, if thats the case I'll punt the Apple one on eBay.

O2 do have a small amount of X stock arriving today, as I was told by them last week but its 256GB Silver not Space Grey, so fingers crossed for anybody waiting on them that have unfulfilled pre-orders.

Message 1147 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can’t help but laugh. After my conversation with live chat and that my order had been sent for fulfilment which was successful and I should receive notification soon, I’ve since spoken to chat regarding a bill and got them to double check it (naturally). She said still out of stock and that NO stock has come into O2 today and they’ve no idea when it will. On the phone the lady had no idea where live chat got that information either. 😂🤪😂🤪😂

Message 1148 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Think Live Chat isn't even worth bothering with - they don't seem to know their a*se from their elbow.

To be honest in all this all anyone is really asking is for some consistency and geuine answers as to when pre-orders might be arriving, and I guess we're getting that consistency be default - in that they haven't got a scooby do.

More info
joy

Message 1149 of 1,685

KhaleesiKS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Absolutely nothing from O2 bar the txt everyone got "we're sorry you havent got your new phone yet"...... after pre ordering on 27th SG 256GB

i think i might do what i was originally going to do and just order the 8 Plus and cancel my X order. My 6s is starting to struggle frowning2 especially if we are potentially looking at delivery now in December. 

Message 1150 of 1,685