Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That’s what’s annoying me the most @mrsbaker1! Next year we’re going to have to wait weeks until we can upgrade to the next new phone
Message 1111 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@NathanKenneford

Id rather them backdate my contract date than give me a few useless days airtime back. To be honest I feel that would be a more acceptable option to most people that preordered. 

Message 1112 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would wait two years before upgrading anyway, but this will be the last time I do that through O2. Other networks might be similarly undersupplied but I cannot continue as a customer after the customer service failure from O2
Message 1113 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah o2 have been poor

Message 1114 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I would take a guess that all providers are having the same issue to be fair. I wouldn’t be surprised if other networks are advertising a shorter delivery just to pull in the custom.
Message 1115 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

General Update: 

So I ordered my Iphone X SG 256GB after upgrading early, on the 31st October, online via the O2 Shop. At the time, the phone said an estimated wait of up to 4 weeks, which would estimate somewhere around start of December. 

Eager beaver that I was, I jumped onto the online support, and was advised that there was new stock arriving this week and that my phone would be delivered before the 20th November. Then I read all of the messages so thought I'd have another punt at O2 see what they said this time.

To be fair, this time the guy said that he could see the phone was still listed as out of stock, but no further information about when it should be in stock, but if I called the O2 help line, they would be able to give me more information. 

The first lady I spoke to advised that there is stock due in on the 14th, which should be dispatched same day for arrival to customers on the 15th November. However she could not guaruntee if that included me or not, she then said she would call through to the upgrade team, see if they could give me any further information, and then proceeding to hang up on me. 

The second chap I spoke too, was very helpful, and honest around the fact that this is not O2 fault, but actually that Apple haven't released enough stock. Which I fully understand, but I think I would rather someone was just honest and said you are not getting the phone till December, as oppose to keep giving me a date 1 week in advance just to get me off the phone.

I've been advised that if I do want to cancel the contract, so that I can get it from EE / Vodafone, both which are stating delivery within 14days, then I have until tomorrow to do this, which is a bit naff but all the same.

I think in future, I will wait a few months after release or just buy straight from Apple directly. 

Good luck everyone, I'll let you know when it comes through!!!

Message 1116 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like you eventually got the same info via Customer Services I did from the Complaints Review team, aside from I was told the stock arrival on 14th Nov is 256GB Silver not Space Grey.

Will regards a switch to EE / Vodafone IMHO I'd be staggered if either of them have stock available for delivery in 14days, as has been reported Apple have production shortfalls themselves, which is leading to major issues with all networks availabilty to fulfil even pre-orders - their own forums have people like us bemoaning the fact their pre-orders have no delivery date, although I will say O2 seem to have been the worst aside from Sky in that regard.

I've spoken to both EE / Voda and neither could give that 14days timescale as a definite - which is what anybody would need prior to cancelling their O2 order really - indeed the EE website system was showing delivery in 1day of a 256GB SG when I was on the phone to them, when in fact he admitted that was an error and quoted me delivery of Silver in 14days minimum and 21days minimum for Space Grey, key word being minimum and hardly confidence inspiring.

I'm now trying to source directly from Apple, which isn't proving easy, however having spent time talking to a few stores in my area I know how their systems update and am hopeful I can possibly pick up a 256GB SG quicker than 02 can fulfil my 27th Oct 9:32am pre-order - but will involve a bit of luck and driving around it seems.

I've received my official deadlock letter from O2 complaints review, stating their final position, which is they admit they have failed in their customer service and are unable to provide a timeframe for completing the pre-order - my complaint is upheld and all they can offer, is the Airtime credit that anyone gets for everyday spent waiting from 3rd Nov (upto 56days) which isn't much for 20yrs of paying them every month. I can escalate to the Ombudsman as my complaint is upheld and the situation isn't solved, but frankly don't see what good that will actually do.

I've reconcilled myself to the fact that unless I drop lucky via Apple it'll be possibly just before Christmas - which isn't exactly great service for a pre-order made 9:32am on 27th Oct for collection on 3rd November - but its very much a case of 1st World Problems for me now.

Message 1117 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Update as of 13/11 Advised should be delivered in 2 weeks though we all know how unreliable live chat is. Delivery tomorrow apparently but no guarantee I will be one of the lucky ones to get the limited supply being received.
Message 1118 of 1,685

Iharris85
  • 21 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ok ive just got this message, has anyone else had this and if so how long was it until your phone was available.?123.jpg

Message 1119 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lots of us had that exact same message about 4:30pm on Friday, unfortunately it means nothing in relation to when your phone will be available...

Message 1120 of 1,685