Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

am7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have upgraded from the IPhone 6s to the IPhone 8 Plus. Best decision I made! Was hesitant over the larger screen but so glad I took the plunge!! Excellent battery life, excellent camera - very much improved in all aspects. Glad I stayed with O2. Excellent coverage which is improving all the time. Took out a refresh contract with the option to upgrade in 12 months, 1x free screen replacement and an extra free 10gb of data if I go over my current tariff of data as I’m an existing customer. The best network around! Well done o2 and well done Apple!
Message 1071 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If EE are offering delivery in 3 weeks you may as well sit tight with O2. 

I guarantee EE are having their arses ripped out by existing customers just like O2 is. Different providers won’t be able to get it to you quicker. It is out of stock. From what I gather it’s everywhere, not one other website of a phone company says ‘in stock’. 

I dont get it, I know it’s annoying and disappointing but if you’re so unhappy with O2 just cancel your order and be done with it. Having a feet stamping moment threatening to leave isn’t going to make them beg you to stay or deliver a phone that is out of stock. O2 have probably just gained hundreds more customers so they won’t be fussed about people leaving. 

Message 1072 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered mine on the 27th 64gb version and just got an email saying it’s been dispatched for delivery tomorrow.. finally

Message 1073 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

was it space grey

Message 1074 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Received this text just now :

We're sorry you haven't got your new phone yet.

Rest assured we're on the case.

And once you get your new phone, we'll credit you the airtime for the period you've been delayed, up to a max of 56 days.

Terms apply. For more info see: http://s.o2.co.uk/xGmN6Nbc

More for you.
Message 1075 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the exact same text

Message 1076 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good news. I got my 256GB SG today. Surprisingly, they promised 17th November and suddenly mine was delivered to store to be collected today. I placed my preorder on 27th November and got email confirmation at 8:40am.
For some reason, they managed to find a unit for me after I complained 2 days ago. They either have some spare stock somewhere or they received some stock of 256GB SG this week.
Good luck if you are still waiting.
Message 1077 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Received the same text today.

I had some cash come in today, and I'm going on a trip to New York and Toronto next week. I've 99% made up my mind to grab one from ebay for collection either here or in the US/Canada. 

The only thing that might change that is hearing from O2 before I pin down a good deal, but that seems extremely unlikely.

I'm not going to threaten to leave, if I call to leave it's because I've already gone to 3/EE/Giffgaff, so it'll be too late. (Speaking of moving networks, have you seen 3's monthly packages?! Way, way better value than O2).

I cannot wait to phone O2 and get my PAC code, it's going to be glorious. 

Message 1078 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I also got the text at 16.30

Message 1079 of 1,685

Jay1999
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I haven’t got a text oh well I’m still waiting for my phone 2 weeks and no updates wow apart form the total bs they gave me before 

Message 1080 of 1,685