Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Naywa01
Level 3: Thinker
  • 46 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
So based on my experience and others messages, we can confirm a number of things about this process:

1) O2 are not listening and don’t care. The most interaction on this forum seems to be removing screen grabs of live chats.

2) Stock is definitely NOT “first come, first served”. O2 have lied...

3) Live chat are also lying, basically telling people positive news to get rid of them. This was proven by me and other being definitively told more stock had arrived and a message will arrive in 24 hours.

It will be interesting to see if anyone from O2 responds and also if the live chat situation is based on official policy or training, or simply individuals taking their easiest route to getting people off the line.
Message 1051 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have been given £40 credited to my account because I complained via resolver about the conflicting information being given, especially by live chat. I had the transcripts to prove this. I’d suggest anyone else that has been given conflicting information to do this too...https://www.resolver.co.uk
Message 1052 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@NathanKenneford 

Resolver is going to be busy 🤪

Message 1053 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@NathanKenneford Has your phone turned up yet?

Message 1054 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I just tried live chat again.... now delivery is 6 weeks away!! Every day you ask you hear something different.... I've also complained on resolver so hopefully they do something. 

I'm also probably going to call up at lunch to cancel my order and go elsewhere.... like I said previously my dad has got his X by going direct to Apple without a preorde and friends are getting their orders through O2 if they're new customers. 

Customer loyalty seems to be lacking here

Message 1055 of 1,685

alistair
  • 68 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have just had one of those frustrating "live chats" with Rajif from O2 - despite me telling him that the O2 iPhone X order page on their website is stating that the 64GB SG model is available in "up to 2 weeks" he still couldn't explain to me why my pre-order on the 3rd November (a week ago now) is still going to take up to 4 weeks in his words to be available.

We went round in circles for a bit and I tried (unsuccessfully) to save a transcript of the chat before the page froze and crashed.

Seems to be that if you are an existing customer  - and I have been a loyal O2 customer for over 10 years now - you are a second-class citizen in O2's eyes.

Maybe next time I will actively seek a new provider - the days of O2 and Apple's joint exclusivity are long gone now.

[personal information removed]

Message 1056 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am in the same situation as many of the people who preordered on 27th October after following the misleading informationt that O2 gave that preorder starts at 8:01. I was also lied to whne I called O2 on 2nd November to get update on my order and been told that I will definitele get it on 3rd November. I had several conversations with O2 on the phone and live chat and they are inconsistent with the information. Some staffs even lied and just tell you what you want to hear.
I’ve been told the other day on live chat with a manager that my handset will be delivered on 17th November. I told them that other people who ordered after me, people who ordered from store and new contracts got theirs before me (256gb SG). The manager said I can cancel my order within 14 days. Very unsympathetic and has no intention to retain us as a customer. I am sure that they dont care however long you are with them because they are getting new customers and it seems like they are prioritizing the delivery of new contracts than for those who have been with the company a long time and followed their 8:01 launch announcement.
It was then towards the end converstion when the manager then dropped a last comment after already confirming delivery of 17th November that it could take upto 6 weeks.
The longer they leave it, the more we lose out. My device plan finished in October and I am still having to pay another month to stay with O2 while waiting for my new contract and handset. Also, I continue to lose out in value on my iPhone 6s+ the longer I wait for the delivery of my new handset.
Yesterday, I got a text saying that they completed my tarif change and I checked on myO2 and this is correct. But still no confirmation of delivery. So now, I am paying for a new tarif contract without the handset that I ordered.
This is just getting messier. Has anyone had their tarif changed and still waiting for delivery of your phone?
Message 1057 of 1,685

Naywa01
  • 46 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@Anonymous If you’ve had a message saying your tariff has changed, this generally only happens if your device has shipped or is being prepared for dispatch.

So hopefully this is good news and you will get it soon.

As pointed out by many others here, it now seems obvious that new customers are jumped ahead in the pre-order queue by O2, loyal customers are penalised.

I agree that the worst thing is being lied to; you can accept a wait, but not being told completely false information.

So to all those still defending O2, this is why people get upset and, generally, it’s nothing to do with the other stock issues that are blindingly obvious.
Message 1058 of 1,685

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Naywa01 wrote:
So based on my experience and others messages, we can confirm a number of things about this process:

1) O2 are not listening and don’t care. The most interaction on this forum seems to be removing screen grabs of live chats.

2) Stock is definitely NOT “first come, first served”. O2 have lied...

3) Live chat are also lying, basically telling people positive news to get rid of them. This was proven by me and other being definitively told more stock had arrived and a message will arrive in 24 hours.

It will be interesting to see if anyone from O2 responds and also if the live chat situation is based on official policy or training, or simply individuals taking their easiest route to getting people off the line.

To be honest all 3 points you make are nothing new, O2 have exhibited all 3 traits for several years to my knowledge.

Until consumers learn that unsavoury business practices are unacceptable then companies will continue to use them.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 1059 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

After being told this week that my phone would come in the next few days (which it hasnt) ive chatted to 02 again and are now saying its up to 6 weeks!! i pre ordered on the morning of the 27th!! this is a joke!

Message 1060 of 1,685