Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable

It should update in your myo2 within 24 hours. Try restarting the phone 

Message 1011 of 1,685

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

As long as the phone has already been used on the network then it will update automatically. I'm not sure customer service can do it manually?

Message 1012 of 1,685

Brandinh0
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ordered at 10am on 27th October got text saying contract changed yesterday evening and got text and email saying was at store to collecttoday at 11 and collected this afternoon was a 256GB silver. 

Message 1013 of 1,685

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
They can force a refresh on the account but not actually type in the details manually.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1014 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ordered 64gb space grey on 2nd nov, heard nothing yet but I wouldn’t expect to. I’m not blaming o2, the production problems with this phone were known well in advance of release. We knew demand would exceed supply. I’m sure o2 will be desperately waiting for any new stock they can get their hands on.
Message 1015 of 1,685

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

It happend on my 7 and 8 guess the system needs the Imei to match models in database twitter team sorted mine both times

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 1016 of 1,685

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous you original question I answered earlier was moved to the mega thread https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Apple-iPhone-8-iPhone-8-Plus-amp-iPhone-X-Megathread/m-p/1085517#M22208

@Martin-O2 why are technical questions not launch related being merged help queries are seperate to the launch and will as this one did get lost in the mayhem of where is my phone etc

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 1017 of 1,685

Naywa01
Level 3: Thinker
  • 46 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@Anonymous - There are two very separate issues at play in this situation.

No one is blaming O2 for the Apple production issues that are limiting supply. The demand for the device is plainly obvious, as it is probably the most anticipated iPhone launch since the original.

There is still a question of whether O2 have a strong enough position, compared to other players in the Apple partner channels, which likely impacts on stock allocations - this question is never answered.

Taking the other issue of Apple not communicating shipment or planning information at face value, if factually correct, you can’t blame O2 for that either.

However what you CAN blame O2 for is the poor customer communication and seemingly random distribution of what stock is available, as that is definitely something that is under their control and cannot be blamed on others. Especially when this is combined with (apparently) slightly deceptive marketing of the pre-order program. This is not excusable by way of pointing at the widely documented issues that Apple have.

As I wrote in my earlier post, I don’t think anyone is being unreasonable in voicing their frustrations at these aspects of this experience. The other product related issues are a given. However, if believing that O2 bear zero responsibility in any aspect of this somehow provides people reassurance, then so be it.
Message 1018 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a tiny dilemma. I'll try to describe as best I can.

So I want to get an iPhone X on O2. I'm currently on O2 and someone else in the family pays my bill, so I would be moving to my own tarrif once the contract ends on 10th December and I want to keep my number. I want to get an iPhone X, but delivery is saying 17th November and I don't want to pay for a month I'm not going to use on my new tarrif, but I also don't want to lose out on getting one.

Can I get one in November and then activate the PAC code later and keep my number when my contract ends on 10th December? Any help would be much appreciated smiling

More info

Message 1019 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I  just got the following email from O2:

Hello "name",

Re: Order Number ms-"..........."

This email contains important information about your order.

Your order is being processed.

For a delivery to your address
We'll email or send you an SMS to confirm when your order has been
despatched so that you'll know when to expect your delivery. You will
need to sign for the delivery, but don't worry if you're not in, the
courier will leave you details to rearrange delivery.

If you selected a chargeable delivery option, please contact us at
www.o2.co.uk/contactus to arrange your refund.

The easiest way to track your order is by visiting
www.o2.co.uk/trackyourorder

For click and collect
When your order is available in store, we'll send you an email to let
you know it is ready for you to pop in and collect.

You can keep tabs on your order at https://myo2services.o2.co.uk/myorders

Share and share alike. Refer a friend to O2 and you'll both get a reward
of up to £40 to say thanks. To find out more, just click here:

http://www.o2.co.uk/referafriend/

Thank you for choosing O2.

Regards,

O2

Does this mean its finally on its way?? For reference I ordered a 256 space grey at about 10am on the 27th slight_smile 

Message 1020 of 1,685