Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well no, Vodafone online says 1-2 weeks for 256gb space grey. O2 saying more than 4 weeks 🤷🏼‍♂️
Message 981 of 1,685

sweper1068
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I meant to order the 256gb silver version on pre-order day with 20gb storage but accidently ordered the 64gb version with 50gb storage so i cancelled the order later that day and reordered what i`d meant to order which was the 256gb silver iphone x with 20gb data on the 31st Oct, my order has been in progress since then but i chatted woth online chat a few minutes ago and got told as far as they could tell my phone was in despatch mode and i should get it very soon, i have my doubts.   

Message 982 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered an Iphone X from you on Monday 6th November and I'm just curious as to when it will possibly be delivered? On the website it says it takes 1-2 working days however I've still not recieved a text about it being dispatched. Any idea of when I'll recieve it?

Message 983 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah its kind of a joke. i ordered mine ( Space grey 256gb) on pre order day as soon as it went up and still have not recieved mine. just been on chat with 02 and they are say still a 1 to 2 week delay. absolute joke when companys like vodafone is 1 to 2 weeks delivery if you order today. 

Message 984 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just had a phone call off EE following up from live chat I had with them, the guy said if I order today I will get the phone within 7days (256gb silver). Don’t understand how O2 are saying 3-4week when he has just said that?
Message 985 of 1,685

Lightningbolt
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My point was the person you speak to knows nothing about your order other than what is on the screen, they personally are not responsible. If you paid £1k upfront fair play you have a point, I didn't it was a monthly contract and I paid £29.99 upfront.

If there is misinformation given out, then that's not right, when I ordered it said upto 4 weeks, that was fine I accepted that. I contacted o2 once to see if they had a rough idea of the time scale as I was considering the 256GB version while I was thinking about that I got a text saying the order was dispatched, decision made. I had a 16GB 6 plus, I simply needed more storage I can upgrade on o2 in 12 months so happy enough.

I understand the frustration as I said my point was although o2 may or may not have created the situation, it's a person on the other end who likely has very little extra to go on until they receive a notification on screen as to what is happening.

Anyway I hope those waiting get their phones fast, are happy with them and it ends well for everyone.

Message 986 of 1,685

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Anonymous We're all O2 customers here so won't have access to the stock system however the online system isn't live stock levels so there may be a chance it is out of stock.

Given Apple's lead time is currently 3-4 weeks I would expect something similar if not longer from O2 depending on what variant you have ordered.

A quick call to Customer Services though will be able to confirm if the phone is in stock and to be with you soon or not
Message 987 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oredered a space gray 64gb on the 27th.

dont mind waiting but i would have liked a rough date of arival, just spoke on live chat and they said that they will find out about resiving stock in 72 hours. I allso know that there not to be trusted though.

Message 988 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah right, Thank you for the reply I'll give customer service a call.
Message 989 of 1,685

KhaleesiKS
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I preordered my on upgrade approx 9am on 27th October, 256gb Space Grey. My order has said "in progress" since 27th October after i recieved my confirmation. 

I know alot of people have said online chat is a waste of time, but i thought i would give it a go. Firstly he congratulated me on my iphone x! i thougth wehey im getting somewhere, then said that they are out of stock and is not sure when i will recieve my phone.disappointed 

i had kind of accepted the fact i would have to wait considering i wasnt on bang on 8am but the fact that people are recieving their phones has got me interested again, plus the fact my iphone 6 seems to detect that their is a new phone around and has started failing! 

Message 990 of 1,685