Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Jay1999
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i Just keep checking my emails etc I know I order the 256gb so of cause it’s going to be a wait but what I don’t get is why are people receiving the 64gb after the 27 28 29 preorder people who preorder in that time should get there phones and people who ordered after those date I’ve just said should wait it’s wrong what’s going on but it’s the system they’re using at the end of the day we all our going to get are phones so don’t worry and stop stressing 

Message 971 of 1,685

Jay1999
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m just waiting for mine don’t worry we all our going to get are phones 

Message 972 of 1,685

Jay1999
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

bull ******

Message 973 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Might cancel mine and buy direct from Apple if they have one in stock when i go there today

Message 974 of 1,685

CJR
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good luck with that @Anonymous the last I saw the Apple store were quoting 3-4 weeks for delivery
Message 975 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lightningbolt wrote:

I feel for the people handling the chat and calls they must have to put up with alot of crap. I think people need to realize they can't control delivery times or stock levels so give them a break. I ordered on the 27th, will be delivered today, I knew the wait was 4 weeks, I ordered when it stated that, I was tempted to cancel and order the 256Gb version purely for storage. The fault lies with apple not o2, the iphone 8 was unnecessary a stop gap really and I doubt it's sales figures are impressive.

I'd be more concerned about getting a decent case to put this phone as well as a screen protector so when it comes you have it all waiting. It seems if you drop it without a case it's adios iphone X. I took out insurance with mine, after all it's a £1k phone I'm not taking any chances for the sake of a fiver or so a month.

Any maybe give the staff a break, it's completely out of their control.

Agreed. I need to get a case, I'll likely go for the bare minimum open front Apple one. Had one of those on my 6 Plus and it's survived three years of being dropped onto the road/pavement etc. I'd also like a wireless charger for my car.

That said, my main issue with this whole process has been the lack of information from o2. I don't mean from Customer Service, who I've left alone out of respect for their sanity. But the website is pretty woeful.

People do seem to have missed the fact that this isn't an ordinary iPhone launch. Usually Apple likes to have upwards of ten million units available at launch, but due to manufacturing issues the numbers of X devices shipped for launch day was lower than two million.

Message 976 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have been told Apple are receiving handsets in everyday but don’t currently have any 😔, they said to try back tomorrow as sometimes they have returned stock or someone hasn’t picked up an order
Message 977 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's also not true, as various people have reported here, that o2 has drastically different delivery estimates than the other carriers. I checked the other networks and whilst the models all varied from one another, they were broadly similar across the board.

Message 978 of 1,685

CJR
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m also willing to bet that if you go on to the community equivalents for other providers you will get almost exactly the same conversations happening.
Message 979 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CJR wrote:
I’m also willing to bet that if you go on to the community equivalents for other providers you will get almost exactly the same conversations happening.

Haha, yeah. I imagine you're right.

Message 980 of 1,685