Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Lightningbolt
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I feel for the people handling the chat and calls they must have to put up with alot of crap. I think people need to realize they can't control delivery times or stock levels so give them a break. I ordered on the 27th, will be delivered today, I knew the wait was 4 weeks, I ordered when it stated that, I was tempted to cancel and order the 256Gb version purely for storage. The fault lies with apple not o2, the iphone 8 was unnecessary a stop gap really and I doubt it's sales figures are impressive.

I'd be more concerned about getting a decent case to put this phone as well as a screen protector so when it comes you have it all waiting. It seems if you drop it without a case it's adios iphone X. I took out insurance with mine, after all it's a £1k phone I'm not taking any chances for the sake of a fiver or so a month.

Any maybe give the staff a break, it's completely out of their control.

Message 961 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well said @Lightningbolt. A lot of people acting very entitled over this phone. Like I said upthread, from the day the preorders went live o2 were quoting people 3-4 weeks delivery; we’re only a week and a half past preorders opened, the phone has been out for literally 6 days and people are losing their heads.

Also, clearly most of these people are longstanding o2 customers so all this “o2 are a DISGRACE!” stuff is coming across as a bit whiney.
Message 962 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
See what a joke I’m cancelling my order
Message 963 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Lightningbolt the fault does also lay with o2. Someone at my work ordered a 256gb space grey on the 31st and has received it. I pre ordered the same phone on the 27th and I’m being told 6 weeks.
Message 964 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Anonymous I have been an o2 customer for just a year actually. Also last year I didn’t pre order the 256gb 7 plus, I ordered it as a brand new customer two days after it was released and I got it the next day while people who pre ordered were told they have to wait weeks! Clearly the same is happening again this year
Message 965 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous And @Lightningbolt 

while I agree with you both somewhat I do have to counteract what you’re saying about ‘entitled’ people losing their heads. I’m in no particular rush for mine, just hope it’s here for December. Besides I’m pretty sure if I’d shelled out over a grand for any other appliance I’d want it stat and be ‘entitled’ to such! 

One of you has had notification of your phone being dispatched and delivered today when you ordered AFTER myself on 29th. 🤷🏼‍♀️...let’s ignore the fact that some customers are still waiting for their order that was placed at 8.34am on 27th....see why people are mad? If not then this falls on deaf ears. 

Another thing, it’s easy to jump to defend O2 or any company when you’re a satisfied customer/getting what you want. 

Also, I totally agree that it’s NOT O2’s fault regarding stock issues BUT it most certainly IS their fault for ploughing out false and misleading information. 

Message 966 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@NathanKenneford

Same happened with me a few years ago. Long wait for the preorder on upgrade/existing contract. Made a new account and had it in my hand within 3 days. 

Bonkers 😂

Message 967 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@msbaker1 😂😂 crazy isn’t it!
Message 968 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes and clearly an irritant to many people. 

Oh well I’m off to sleep as just finished a night shift. 

Hope you all get your notifications today 👍🏼

Message 969 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous @Lightningbolt I think that if there is a time when one is justified in feeling entitled, it's now.

I've ordered an expensive product, and feel that I am entitled to accurate, consistent information regarding when I will receive it from the company from which I ordered it.

Is that wrong?

Message 970 of 1,685