Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Joemoore28
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Anonymous In regards to you stating that I was naive to think the system would go live at 08:01 them your wrong and to put it simply I followed instructions told by 1. In store 2. This thread 3. Online chat 4. Apples own guidelines as retailer were told under no circumstances to trade any products before 08:01 GMT and that comes straight from Apple UK

Also you shouldn’t really sarcastic if you don’t know that full story... I personally was in the office at 06:30 that day, I had logged into my O2 and got prepared for my upgrade as I do each and every year however at around 07:40 it was allowing me to place an order therefor I went ahead but the system continued to tell me that the 256gb model was out of stock, now as this was BEFORE 08:01 like you kindly pointed out I assumed “maybe by being naive” that this was only because the system wasn’t meant to go live until 08:01 therefor I waited until 07:55 and hit a barrier with the payment system and had to refresh until it worked like many other people.

Now if O2 had not done what they were not meant to do i.e. go live for orders early... then there would have still been stock left before 08:01 like they were supposed to start the order system so as a direct result of o2 going against Apple and their own guidelines customers such as myself have been let down.
Message 701 of 1,685

Harry213
  • 30 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just checked my DPD status it has now changed to:

15:45 - Leeds - We have your parcel and it's on its way to you

Yesterday and today it was showing that the parcel was on its way to Leeds!

So looks like it will arrive tomorrow
Message 702 of 1,685

SimonKennedy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just checked my order for the first time today (I think we clearly all know that's sarcasm joy).

Ordered 256 Silver at 08:07, Home delivery, had tracking details a couple days ago, Parceline (DPD), just updated from being in Leeds, "awaitng your parcel" to, "We have your parcel it's on it's way" it will be delivered tomorrow between 6am and 10pm, I would complain about that horrendous window but I'll just be happy to get the ruddy phone! yahoo Fingers crossed for an hour time slot tomorrow morning!

Hope everyone else receives what they're expecting tomorrow smiling

Message 703 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
My DPD is also just now showing 15:45 we have your parcel ...
Message 704 of 1,685

BigNick
Level 4: Observant
  • 114 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Check your dpd app or site guys. It will give you the date of delivery. My time is saying anything between 0600-2200hrs but I'm assuming that'll change to a 1 hour slot by tomorrow morning.
Message 705 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had a look as well.

I ordered 256 Space Grey. Confirmation at 08:20. DPD tracking showing that they have picked it up from Leeds and should be delivered at some point on 3rd. 🙂

Still no text or email, though.

Message 706 of 1,685

andrewstevenson
Level 3: Thinker
  • 172 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If your order is going to store there is no actual tracking
Message 707 of 1,685

LauraMc1987
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yup my DPD now states we have your parcel and it’s on it’s way to you!! 🙌🏻
Message 708 of 1,685

SaintRC
  • 37 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Pleased to say, after a lot of fretting and receiving absolutely nothing from o2 or DPD the last few days - my tracking info is now showing in My o2!

Also appearing in DPD app with expected delivery date of tomorrow!

Really pleased - it always works out in the end smiling

Message 709 of 1,685

CJR
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Joemoore28 8.01 GMT is 9.01 BST (which we were on when pre orders went live) so by that reckoning O2 were never going to comply with Apple’s instructions
Message 710 of 1,685