Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey peeps,

Wanted to pop back with some additional info / FAQ you may find useful, and should hopefully answer some of your questions ahead of iPhone X launch day tomorrow. WHO'S EXCITED?! 😄

Q. When will I get collection/dispatch SMS/emails?
A. If your delivery estimate was 3rd November and you ordered online/by phone, these delivery updates may arrive anytime today. If you ordered in-store, you'll receive a collection SMS as soon as your phone is ready for collection - this could be at some point tomorrow, so don't be concerned if you've not had yours today

Q. I haven't pre-ordered. Can I buy a phone in-store on 3rd November
A. All store stock has been reserved for current pre-orders, but feel free to visit us in-store to place a back-order and we'll keep you updated on your order. Find your local store here.

Q. Who will deliver my iPhone X?
A. We use a combination of couriers so this may arrive via either DPD or UKMail, who will deliver during their standard operating hours. You should receive a delivery email/SMS from them on the day of delivery.

Q. I ordered on pre-order day. Doesn't that mean i'll get it on launch day?
A. Not necessarily, we're afraid. Due to huge demand and limited stock globally, we would have had different delivery estimates across all variants depending on when you ordered that day. If ordering online, you'd had been given an ETA throughout your order journey. If ordering by phone, you should have been quoted an ETA by the advisor. 

Q. I'm not going to get my iPhone X for another 'x' weeks
A. We'll keep you posted on when there's progress on your order. Don't forget too, when you order an iPhone X on O2, we'll reward your patience. When you get your new phone, we'll give you an airtime credit for every day you had to wait. Terms apply.

Message 661 of 1,685

insaneinthehead
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have pre-ordered the iphone x (10), and after a week of no contact I recieve a text from o2 with just four numbers. I don't know what these numbers are exactly as they don't match pin code, consignment number or date. I hope someone out there has an idea on this.

Many thanks

Message 662 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone had any delivery texts from DPD?
Message 663 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some posters seem to be using “device plan is settled” as an indicator of progress. Anyone with previous experience know if that works?
Message 664 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered mine as an upgrade at 7:53 and it said it would be delivered by the 3rd but still haven’t recieved a text or email confirmation 

Message 665 of 1,685

BigNick
Level 4: Observant
  • 114 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Going on previous years dpd usually text me in the morning of delivery. 02 usually text the night before.
Message 666 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I ordered mine as an upgrade at 7:53 and it said it would be delivered by the 3rd but still haven’t recieved a text or email confirmation 

If your delivery estimate was showing 3rd Nov during your order/checkout progress but you've still not had any SMS/email updates, these could still arrive tomorrow. In case you haven't, try checking your spam folder too just in case any order update emails have found there way there.

Message 667 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris_K - I ordered 256GB Space Grey iPhone X at 8am on launch day.

A few days later I checked in on live chat for an ETA and was told 4-5 weeks. Damn.

Today I checked again just in case and was told I'll get the phone tomorrow and that I'd receive confirmation by email "soon".

After a few hours I double checked and was told I could "Take my word" by the representative that I will receive the phone tomorrow. 

Several hours later, Still no confirm! Should I relax or be worried?

Message 668 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had an order from DPD last month for clothing and received a text at 7:01 on the day of delivery.So I'm still optimistic for tomorrow.
Message 669 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chris_K - I ordered 256GB Space Grey iPhone X at 8am on launch day.

Looking at general order data I have, if you ordered that model at 8am the delivery estimate given should have been "Up to 3 weeks" I'm afraid. Delivery estimates did change throughout the day of course but generally speaking for an order placed at 8am for that model, it should've been a 3 week ETA.

Message 670 of 1,685