Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Joemoore28
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can anyone explain at all why there seams to be no specific stricture to the way O2 deciding who gets their phone first, thought it should have been first come first serve but I ordered 256gb space grey at 08:04 and have nothing updated and I was told on live that that my phone was out of stock and told kit to expect any delivery tomorrow. Several people seam to have links to dpd or Royal Mail etc....

Have I been advised correctly or can anyone explain how they work out who gets what first

Good luck everyone.
Message 641 of 1,685

Jeevster
Level 4: Observant
  • 175 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Joemoore28 wrote:
Can anyone explain at all why there seams to be no specific stricture to the way O2 deciding who gets their phone first, thought it should have been first come first serve but I ordered 256gb space grey at 08:04 and have nothing updated and I was told on live that that my phone was out of stock and told kit to expect any delivery tomorrow. Several people seam to have links to dpd or Royal Mail etc....

Have I been advised correctly or can anyone explain how they work out who gets what first

Good luck everyone.

who knows, but the version you have chosen will pay a big part in the process, ie you have chosen the most popular, and the one that went out stock first.... I also wonder if anyone actually looked at how much space has been used up on the current phone before ordering the new one lol

Message 642 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Joemoore28 simply - dont listen to live chat. 

Message 643 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone had DPD confirm delivery yet ? 

Message 644 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I spoke to live chat and the only info they gave me was that the orders will be dispatched from the 3rd. This is something we all knew, I just wanted an estimated date of dispatch but no matter how clear I made my question they still skirted around it. Also adding in the cringeworthy ‘anything for you Vicky’, ‘it’s been a pleasure to have spoken with you, have a nice day’...
Rang and spoke to someone today and they said the iPhone X went out of stock by 09.30 on 27th. Therefore mine will be within 3 weeks.
Message 645 of 1,685

LauraMc1987
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Anonymous

No DPD confirmation for me yet 😒😫
Message 646 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Friday 27th October
08:01 Ordered 64Gb Space Grey by phone
08:19 Successfully processed up front cost
08:47 Order number received

Thursday 02 November
13:55 Order collected by UK Mail for home delivery on 3rd November [SE London]

I just got my consignment number from live chat: no email, no text but it works with my postcode in UK Mail’s “Manage My Delivery” widget.

Message 647 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
To be fair they must be absolutely sick to death of being contacted over these preorders.
Message 648 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@mrsbaker1 why? That’s their job.
Message 649 of 1,685

Carly93
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have my text and email - my phone is in store ready for collection tomorrow 😁😁😁😁🎉🎉🎉🎉
Message 650 of 1,685