Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable
It’s the iphone 7 all over again....still waiting for order confirmation to appear on my account. Pre order was in at 8:20am. I’ve seen people on twitter already with dispatch emails 😞
Message 571 of 1,685

Jeevster
Level 4: Observant
  • 175 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@Jeevster Oh. Text first, then phone. Thanks for setting me straight. How will they send it? A carrier pigeon? A barbershop quartet?

It might be the only time it has ever happened but I have received the first correspondence from DPD in the early hours of delivery day. It could be to do with the fact that I live within 5 miles of two major London depots, so they perform the final stages of delivery in tighter windows... The Leeds van probably only goes out once or twice a week.

not sure if your being sarcastic or not, but O2 ship all of their phones from Leeds, it makes no difference where your 'local depot' is, the handset from O2 will always be shipped from Leeds...

Message 572 of 1,685

Jeevster
  • 175 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jeevster What time did you order last Friday ? 

7.41 @Anonymous

Message 573 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

DPD tracking shows

Date & Time Location Description

02 Nov 2017 09:30LeedsThis parcel has not yet arrived with us
01 Nov 2017 10:00LeedsYour parcel is on its way

Hope mine gets there soon. 64GB SG order 07:48

Message 574 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
@NathanKenneford are you the sole target of the rigging or have you identified a group of victims into which you fall, as part of a broader conspiracy?
Message 575 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jeevster Just spoke with O2 chat. Apparently: "My phone has been delivered to the store" and "You [I] can collect it today"... 

Go figure..

dizzy

Message 576 of 1,685

Jeevster
  • 175 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jeevster Just spoke with O2 chat. Apparently: "My phone has been delivered to the store" and "You [I] can collect it today"... 

Go fiugre..

dizzy

@Anonymous Haha good luck with that..... Im pretty sure the stores are not allowed to release the handset until tomorrow, can try calling them though, you never know

Message 577 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous mate please dont listen to the chat.

You will not be able to collect anything from store until tomorrow. Please dont waste your time going there. I am sure if you call the store they will clarify. Launch day is 3rd November, not the 2nd.

Message 578 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
My pre order was actually in before 8am all I've had since then is a message saying my upgrade is being sorted ☹️
Message 579 of 1,685

LauraMc1987
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok so I spoke with someone at DPD on live chat about my parcel. Firstly she tried to tell me that they were supposed to receive my parcel from O2 on 31.10.17 however it had not left the O2 warehouse yet so I was best to speak to O2 as they were unlikely to receive it now!! But then when I explained it was the iPhone X I was waiting on which obviously isn’t released until tomorrow she said if that was the case the parcel would reach them tonight and be delivered tomorrow!
Message 580 of 1,685