Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

BigNick
Level 4: Observant
  • 114 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@mrsbaker1 faceid will work in pitch black as it uses an infra red camera. Also apple pay will be just as quick as you double tap whilst your eyes are looking at it. You don't have to have your camera up to your face, it works at a tangent.
Message 531 of 1,685

andrewstevenson
Level 3: Thinker
  • 172 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got this delivery info is it normal loads of zeros 

Delivery address O2 Store, store name removed, GLASGOW, SCOTLAND, , GB

Delivery option Not Applicable

Parcel number info [xxx]

Courier name DPD UK

Dispatch date 31 October 2017

Message 532 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrsbaker1 wrote:
I feel like I’ll look like an ass if I’m sat in a cafe and angling my phone at my face to open it 😂
I worry I’ve made a bad choice upgrading to the 10 now and that’s just because of these couple of issues. Apparently to use Apple Pay with the 10 you have to double click the side button, look at the phone and put the phone near the payment terminal. All sounds very clumbersome and honestly a bit of a pain.
Everyone will think I’m taking a thousand selfies 😵😕

If you put the phone next to a terminal it'll open Apple Pay automatically, as before. You also don't have to be looking at the phone directly for it to read your face.

Message 533 of 1,685

Vyper
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous "You also don't have to be looking at the phone directly for it to read your face."

I don't think that part is true, I could be wrong but I was under the impression that the iPhone X will only unlock when your looking directly at it as it was deminstrated that you can look at it but with your eyes closed and it won't open. You do have to look directly at it I believe or at the least side on. Otherwise and this was an example I had heard in which a gf could for eg hold the phone up to you when you're sleeping to unlock your phone and look through it xD 

So I would assume from that, that it'll need to be in some way visable and you have to be looking at it. Also I believe that It'll light up when it finds a "person" looking at it although to be honest, I keep my phone on a kickstand and I hope just a side glance will unlock it so I can look over Notifications when they pop up. 

I have seen video however where the phone lights up, shows a lock icon at the top and then when you look at it the phone shows the locked icon turned to an unlocked Icon. However..you then have to swipe up to get into the phone from the Notification center I believe. So It'll be interesting on the day just how much those features can be customised and if they'll have a toggle like "Once unlocked go to Homescreen" .

Message 534 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll reword. It has a pretty wide arc, so to speak.

Message 535 of 1,685

Jeevster
  • 175 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@mrsbaker1 wrote:
I feel like I’ll look like an ass if I’m sat in a cafe and angling my phone at my face to open it 😂
I worry I’ve made a bad choice upgrading to the 10 now and that’s just because of these couple of issues. Apparently to use Apple Pay with the 10 you have to double click the side button, look at the phone and put the phone near the payment terminal. All sounds very clumbersome and honestly a bit of a pain.
Everyone will think I’m taking a thousand selfies 😵😕

Watch some of the videos on you tube of tech peeps that have go the phone already, its really not that bad

Message 536 of 1,685

Andisafc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My iPhone X Silver 256GB order was confirmed at 8.51 on 27/10 - estimate said 2-3 weeks but on checking My o2 this morning I can see that DPD have it in Leeds and it should be being delivered tomorrow Cat Very Happy 

I guess that's my weekend sorted ha ha! 

Seems like o2 were being more conservative with estimates this year? Or lots have cancelled pre-orders due to better deals being found elsewhere?

Good Luck everyone!

Andrea

iPhone X Silver 256GB soon to be iPhone 11 Pro 256GB Gold
Message 537 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ll try to find some. Hope it’s not as complicated as expected. Watching this thread and waiting for some of the 27th orders to comment once theirs arrives.
One more day for a lot of you guys 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Message 538 of 1,685

Jeevster
  • 175 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Try this one - https://youtu.be/MOo9iJ8RYWM

@mrsbaker1 wrote:
I’ll try to find some. Hope it’s not as complicated as expected. Watching this thread and waiting for some of the 27th orders to comment once theirs arrives.
One more day for a lot of you guys 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Message 539 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Andisafc

What this means is.....

DPD have recieved parcel information from o2 but the actual parcel itself hasnt arrived yet. If you check DPD it says:

We've recieved your order details, and we're expecting your parcel shortly.

It doesnt mention a delviery date anywhere. Like you said it just mentions the package is "in" Leeds.

Everyone who gets the phone tomorrow should be updated at some stage today. 

Message 540 of 1,685