Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Jeevster
Level 4: Observant
  • 175 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I suspect O2 got a delivery on Tuesday and allocated stock, but the shipments wont become live until thursday evening when they are despatched... the key point will be when you get a text saying the tariff has been updated

Message 471 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mines got a dispatch for today
Message 472 of 1,685

SaintRC
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Phurry wrote:

Got my tracking number too, I didn’t order until about 0850 on the 27th.

Which handset?

Message 473 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
256GB grey 7:44 DPD notification received.
Message 474 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So do you get an email, text message or are you just checking your O2 account to see if status has changed?

Message 475 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the text saying your phone is at your o2 store (i pre ordered in store 8am Friday).

I called them, its there but they cant sell it to me until Friday as expected. 

Made up though! 

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Message 476 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rockstar wrote:

I'm having issues tracking mine on DPD UK too, going to give a call to o2 in the evening and ask why i can't.

It will probably work from tomorrow onwards to be honest, but surely if a tracking number is available we should atleast see something on the site.

It's a long tracking number too and usually DPD UK is 12 digits

It won't physically be with DPD yet. When something is sent by courier, the first step in the process is the sender ordering that job. With preorder products, I imagine retailers do that in batches.

You see it with individual orders on Amazon all the time. I often don't see tracking details for things until the morning of delivery, because by the time the system has updated the details I've gone off to bed or work and the UK is small enough that something can be driven to near most of the population in under ten hours.

Anyway, you've gotten past the biggest hurdle here I'd say!

Message 477 of 1,685

Jeevster
Level 4: Observant
  • 175 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rockstar wrote:

I'm having issues tracking mine on DPD UK too, going to give a call to o2 in the evening and ask why i can't.

It will probably work from tomorrow onwards to be honest, but surely if a tracking number is available we should atleast see something on the site.

It's a long tracking number too and usually DPD UK is 12 digits

It won't physically be with DPD yet. When something is sent by courier, the first step in the process is the sender ordering that job. With preorder products, I imagine retailers do that in batches.

You see it with individual orders on Amazon all the time. I often don't see tracking details for things until the morning of delivery, because by the time the system has updated the details I've gone off to bed or work and the UK is small enough that something can be driven to near most of the population in under ten hours.

Anyway, you've gotten past the biggest hurdle here I'd say!

They will have allocated stock, scanned the tracking number, but wont actually hand to DPD until tomorrow for desptach, mine is being delivered to the store as it was an early upgrade handset. QQ though, what format are peoples traccking numbers, mine is a load of zeros and some numbers at the end, I though DPD usually have a letter at the end also...

Message 478 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine took a while to show up on the DPD website but now it shows its scanned in Leeds so ! 

Also it gave me the option to change the date of delivery but didn’t tell me what my current delivery date was? Anyway I changed the date to 3/11 and no received an email from DPD saying we will deliver your package on 3/11 so that’s a result 

Message 479 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ordered mine 07:30 on the 27th and its on its way updated about midday

Message 480 of 1,685