Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@AnonymousI have already spoken to someone and they said I’m gaurenteed to get my item on Friday. I asked plenty of questions to make sure what they’re telling me is true so as far as I’m concerned what I have been advised is correct. If it doesn’t happen then they must’ve been lying to try and keep me sweet

Message 361 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NathanKenneford Guaranteed to arrive by Friday?

I would question the legitimacy of a guarantee that stipulated no terms for failure to comply, especially if I didn’t even know the identity of the gaurantor.

That doesn’t sound watertight I’ll be honest.

Message 362 of 1,685

Dancamz
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think all of this whole ordering experience has just highlighted to me that O2 have extraordinarily bad customer service when it comes to informing customers in an accurate and appropriate way, especially when they are wanting us to hand over money...

First it was the absolute lack of cost and tariff information until the day of pre-orders going live...

Second it was the lie that pre-orders would go live at 8:01am, when many people were able to order before this as early as 7:30am, bypassing all those in the queue who had been following the information provided by O2...

And thirdly, with the lack of any accurate information on delivery times, or even letting people know if their order was processed in time for the November 3rd batch of devices, with us not knowing if we will recieve for Nov 3rd until the day before at the earliest.

Message 363 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I managed to place my order around 7.30 on Friday and got my order confirmation by 7.51 

I have been told by 4 different members of the Live Chat team that my iPhone x should be dispatched on the 2nd/3rd and I should receive it no later than the 6th ? has anyone else got this ? 

Also when I ask them what my order status is they has said its wait for dispatch ? this would suggest to me that what i have been told is true ? 

Thoughts ? 

Message 364 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Dancamz

I agree with the delivery side for sure. But such is the modern world slight_smile 

Message 365 of 1,685

Calumthomas
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I didn't get in touch with the Live Chat to find out about my delivery (I had a problem where, since preordering my current sim seems to fail to send texts and make calls a lot, I selected for them to send me a new sim so I wasn't sure if that was the issue), however I did ask while I was there, and all I got back was:

"the phone will be delivered from the 3rd of November, I do hope your's is one of the first)"

I didn't expect much more than that, but I received my order confirmation at 7.55 am. 

My fingers are crossed, I'm not very good at being patient wink haha. 

Message 366 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah O2 really need to pull thier finger out and let people know ! 

we have all jsut signed up to give em alot a money a month ! 

Message 367 of 1,685

Calumthomas
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does your order show anything different too 'in progress'? That's all mine shows on the order tracking. Although If I'm honest, based on o2's emails I wasn't expecting to see anything in there at all as they mention several times my order will only show once it's been despatched! 

slight_smile Good luck for Friday! 

Message 368 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine now says ready for dispatch... lets see if it arrives Friday! 

Message 369 of 1,685

danielwhite813
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What time did u order?

Message 370 of 1,685