Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

BigNick
Level 4: Observant
  • 114 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Absolutely @Anonymous
Message 351 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly @BigNick 

I want it as much as the next guy but it will land when it lands. The only kick in the nuts will be if my missis one turns up before mine loooooool

My payment has been taken by o2 for the handset etc.... 

Message 352 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If you guys don’t mind being lied by someone who’s employed to give you helpful and accurate information that’s fine but i’ll make sure that person is dealt with properly
Message 353 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
For the record the date it turns up for me is totally irrelevant and wouldn’t bother me if it took 4 months to come as long as that’s what I was advised. However being told it’s gaurenteed to come on Friday I now expect nothing less than that.
Message 354 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

lol ok @NathanKenneford you do what you gotta do. 

Hope you have a great day slight_smile 

Message 355 of 1,685

BigNick
Level 4: Observant
  • 114 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Anonymous going on past experience I believe they take payment as soon as you order whether your phone is to be delivered shortly or you have to wait a few weeks. Could be wrong though.
Message 356 of 1,685

Rockstar
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did speak to an advisor on the phone and the online chat both confirmed i would be getting the device on the 3rd but what surprised me was on their system (advisor on the phone) it shows i ordered the device @ 07:19? which is impossible because i got the email @ 0739, unless i ordered really early and can't remember what time i placed the order but i highly doubt i was that early.

Also when i placed the order it said "From the 3rd Nov" so keyword being "from"...who knows but i guess it's as Jigsaw said, 'Let the Games Begin'

I also missed the tariff for the extra 10GB for £1 :(..but with the plan i got i get that free 10GB anyway so not the end of the world.

Good luck to all for Friday.

Message 357 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My birthday on the 3rd but I won’t get mine then. Mine will take about 4 weeks. I’m in no rush though, it will get here regardless.
Message 358 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well happy birthday for Friday! 

I was checking in chat about my o2 bill and thought i would ask about X. 

I got a screenshot response... I'll take it with a pinch of salt but hey ho! 

They also said they received my order at 0642 lol 

[personal information removed. Please please do not post personal details]

Message 359 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NathanKenneford misinformation can arise unintentionally of course, what reason would the employee have to overrule the information on their screen and give a dishonest answer? 

My advice is to ask the person you are speaking to how they are obtaining the prospective date they are giving you. When I called to ask for my new number, someone on the voice team told me they were looking at a spreadsheet that said “before 30th October: up to 4 weeks”, which is not what the sales team told me when they allocated me a handset last friday (8:00am / 3rd November). 

So if the info is not specific to your order number, then I would continue to trust the date you were told when you ordered a handset, nestled inside a barcoded box, that is waiting to be scanned and packaged for delivery with a corresponding label i.e. your acount address. It contains the actual handset that you paid for, so the information at the time of sale is most accurate.

Message 360 of 1,685