Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Iamdanjoyce
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyone had there deliver date change or updated yet ?

Message 301 of 1,685

BigNick
Level 4: Observant
  • 114 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No. You won't get information on delivery till Thursday afternoon at the earliest. One way to check (albeit fractionally earlier) is to copy and paste your order number. They usually use dpd. Another way to find out when we're likely to receive our iPhone is to mention what the delivery estimate was when you ordered. I'll get the ball rolling.....3rd November 0745. 256 black x.
Message 302 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Logged on at 0735, orderd by 0742... hopefully it comes sooner rather than later but we will see. o2 have been unreliable in the past so wont hold my breath! 

Message 303 of 1,685

Dancamz
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My order for the 256gb Silver X was complete and confirmed at 7:59am which I had thought might guarantee me for friday 3rd delivery because it wasnt meant to even go live until 8:01am....  but seeing that so many people ordered since 7:30am now I am not so sure.... 

Message 304 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I took out a sim only deal about 2 months ago, on the proviso that I can upgrade through carphone warehouse when the iPhone X came out.

I have visited a carphone warehouse store and couldn't upgrade. The employee that served me rang up O2 and was told I have to wait 6 months before upgrading, even though the My O2 app says I can upgrade now.

I have since revisited the store I purchased the sim only from and the manager said there isn't anything he can do other than cancel my existing sim only contract.

Is this the case? I have also spoken to o2 customer service myself and the lady told me I can buy out the sim only for an early termination fee of £275!!! It's a 30d rolling sim. Surely there isn't an early termination fee.

At this point, I want to upgrade with carphone warehouse because their upgrade prices are cheaper than buying direct or as a new customer.

I'm quite unhappy as I have quite clearly been mis sold.

Can anyone help me? Should I be contacting OFCOM/FCA?

Thanks,

Will

Message 305 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure your be ok and beat the majority of the rush. I would say at least 75% people wouldnt of tried until the time o2 specified! 

Message 306 of 1,685

Dancamz
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks, im still keeping hope haha

Message 307 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

lol arent we all!

It will all depend on how may X's o2 managed to get hold of to supply their customers. I believe everyone who ordered before 8am will be the lucky ones for November 3rd and anywhere upto 0805 could be ok... after that, from reading news articles it sounds like a slim chance. 

Message 308 of 1,685

danielwhite813
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ordered a 64gb silver at 7.33.  Fingers crossed for Friday

Message 309 of 1,685

KingKojo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
On my email I have a date, did you not all get one?
Message 310 of 1,685