Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep this happens EVERY year and i'm surprised people still choose to preorder with O2.

Wait until release day (or soon after) and walk into Carphone Warehouse or another shop and walk out the door with one

Message 241 of 1,685

ChrisWGC
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As for will it arrive on 3rd November, that remains to be seen.

I had a terrible experience with my 8 Plus 128Gb in matte black last year. They quoted a couple of weeks at preorder but it was nearer a couple of months before it arrived. Frustratingly, it had been mislaid in the store and sitting there for several weeks. It wasn't until the area manager visiting the shop to find out what was happen that he found it for me.

Customer service at the point it was found was exemplary, but up to then I'd been passed from pillar to post between the store, the online chat and the courier.

Message 242 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
256g Space Grey ordered at about 8.15.
£180 up front with a 3gig data monthly tariff of £22, (plus the handest obviously).
I'm sure I saw a three week delivery statement?
Message 243 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately I'm tied in to O2.....I've been paying for the Refresh option. I'm stuck with this nonsense!
Message 244 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Unfortunately I'm tied in to O2.....I've been paying for the Refresh option. I'm stuck with this nonsense!

Ah fair enough......I work for an independant telecoms provider and we pre-ordered some at 8am and expected delivery is the 5th Dec!!

Message 245 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

So the pre order process went rather too easily, but I will keep faith.

Anyway, I wondered if anyone else picked up that the O2 website said "Order by 2nd Nov and receive from 3rd Nov"

The critical part of that being "FROM 3RD NOV". After checking with an O2 agent that actually means "Within 3 weeks"

Surely that is A) Misleading B) Not Clear. Therefore failing under consumer regulation?

Just wondered if anyone else thought the same?

Message 246 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I work for an independant telecoms provider and we ordered a batch at 8am this morning and we were given a delivery date of the 5th December.

Unfortunately this happens during every iPhone launch.....I agree that O2 should make it clearer of the "expected" delivery dates

Message 247 of 1,685

Joemoore28
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Chris from O2 or could someone from o2 explain when I was advised over the phone yesterday and it also quite clearly states on this forum that pre-orders on your system would go live at 08:01am when in fact the system went live way before this and by 07:55 you were out of stock on the 256gb space grey iPhone x. Due to this misleading advice, I and I suppose many others missed out on receiving a device next week and in fact it states over 6 weeks for me. Not impressed at all especially when the cost is a premium over the likes of sky mobile. Loyalty also doesn’t seam to be a factor anymore. 

Message 248 of 1,685

Joemoore28
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
There is a posts on this forum that states their order was placed at 07:30, not impressed as I like yourself was prepared for their stated 08:01 start time.
Message 249 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Is it possible to change my order once it’s been placed? Space grey delivery is 6+ weeks but silver is 4
Message 250 of 1,685